Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Collaborate Mobile App - Calls

Posted 04-15-2019 11:36
    Good Day,

Does the Collaborate Mobile App allow making calls from WITHIN the app? So in other words, if I open up the app, go to Calls, enter a Phone number to call, then hit dial - that the app makes the call, just like it would if I was using say WebRTC via a Browser - i.e. NOT via the Cellular network.
    ??
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Karl Reed
    Elingo (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: Collaborate Mobile App - Calls

Posted 04-15-2019 22:48
    In my experience it does in a particular way.
    If I nominate my polycom phone then the call re-routes to the the phone and I can interact with the call from my cell phone.
    If I nominate my cellphone using a Remotephone option. The call re-routes to my cell from Purecloud and connects me directly to the number i dialed from the app.

Each call appears in the interactions, could I use it as an alternative to using cell phone plans possibly. But it was a numerous steps to do so rather than a simple step like a cell phone call.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 3.  RE: Collaborate Mobile App - Calls

Posted 04-16-2019 03:31
    Thanks for the reply Darryn.

What I am looking for is HOW to set up PureCloud (Station / Trunk) in order to be able to make calls DIRECTLY from the APP. 
    • No Remote Calling for the APP to establish a Call to make.
    • No Remote Station for APP to establish a Call to make.
    • No Calls via Cellular Network to the APP to establish a Call to make.
    So in other words, if I open up the app, go to Calls, enter a Phone number to call, then hit dial - that the app makes the call, just like it would if I was using say WebRTC via a Browser - i.e. NOT via the Cellular network.
    ??

Karl Reed
    Elingo (Pty) Ltd

• 4.  RE: Collaborate Mobile App - Calls

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2019 09:42
    No, that is not a feature of the PureCloud mobile app.

The closest you can get is if your cell phone can be set up to use Wi-Fi for calls (like my AT&T Wi-Fi call capability on my iPhone). In that case, I can place a call from the PureCloud app, and it will pop a dialog for me to choose Call or PureCloud Call. If I choose Call then it will place the call using the phone's Wi-Fi calling capability, but the call will not show up in PureCloud since I chose to place the call from the phone via its carrier.

Choosing PureCloud Call requires that I have a Remote phone set up in PureCloud for my cell phone, and PureCloud will call my phone to establish that leg of the call, then call the outbound leg and connect me up...but that's what you are saying you don't want (though it does make use of the phone's Wi-Fi calling capability).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources