Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Schedules

• 1.  Schedules

Posted 01-01-2019 21:24
    Hi

Anyone encounter issues with holiday schedules?

We set 1st Jan as yearly recurrence earlier and while checking (because the IVR was still playing holiday IVR), to our horror; the 1st Jan settings is seen as "custom" and starting from 1st Jan to Apr 2019.

This is not the first time we encounter issues with schedule settings.Anyone has encountered similar issues?

Best Regards
    MengYong
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    MY

• 2.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-02-2019 06:42
    Our closed schedule did not work at all yesterday. We did set 1st of January as closed all day but still received calls.

Tobias Zackrisson
    Elkjøp Norge AS

• 3.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-02-2019 06:48
    We too saw this problem with holiday schedules set for "all day". They did not work.

Jonas Kristensen
    HI3G Denmark ApS

• 4.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-02-2019 06:58
    Did you test to change between hours instead?

Tobias Zackrisson
    Elkjøp Norge AS

• 5.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-02-2019 07:08
    Yes, that worked. Once we found out the queues were open, we tried setting the schedule using the date and time picker, instead of using the "all day" feature. That solved the problem, and will be the way we set all opening/closing hours onwards. I do not trust the "all day" setting. Even though it will take a little longer doing it this way, the hassle will (hopefully) be worth any future potential problems with that setting.

We saw it in the two seperate organisations we are running. It was noticed on the first 25/12 (we failed to see it as a general problem) and the second 31/12.
    My best guess is that it has happened all days throughout Christmas and New Years.

Jonas Kristensen
    HI3G Denmark ApS

• 6.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-02-2019 08:57
    ​This is good to know. I have fixed all of my Holiday Schedules from All Day. Has anyone submitted a support ticket on this?

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 7.  RE: Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 01-02-2019 09:07
    It would be helpful if everyone would open a ticket, to give the teams a sense of how widespread an effect this has had.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-04-2019 00:25
    So, I am not the only one experiencing these issues. Thank you guys for sharing!

I have opened 2 - 3 cases with support on this. Sadly, support always come back with response late and telling me they could not produced the issue at their end. Other times, Support did not really understand what I was telling them so much so that I sometimes wonder if they have used PureCloud before or I was hallucinating.

MengYong

• 9.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-04-2019 01:54
    Issue is solved and Genesys is planning then it could be released. 

Tobias Zackrisson
    Business Development Manager

Elkjop Nordic AS

• 10.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-06-2019 03:52
    @Meng Yong Choo,

You are not hallucinating. I have been through this for more than a year now. Whenever you raise a ticket with support, please add 2-3 days of answering some kind of robotic questions. Even if I tried to preempt those questions e.g. how frequently the problem occurs, what were the last changes to the system etc, I still got responses from support asking those questions ... .that too after 2-3 days. 

So rest assured, no one there bothers to even read the case descriptions unless it goes one level up.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies - Dubai

• 11.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-07-2019 08:11
    Hi All,
    I've been thinking I am the only one have issues with support.  I've experienced the same thing as both of you.  I include all of the information, only to have them ask for the exact information I included.  It always takes a couple of days.  And, they can never tell me the cause of a problem.  I guess it's good to know I am not the only one?

Thanks,
    Lindsay​​​​

Lindsay Hull
    Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's AskRose Homework Help

• 12.  RE: Schedules

Posted 03-01-2019 13:00
    Meng,

>Could you please share with me how you fixed the issue? I have a problem where every friday and saturday my shcedules are not working and I have to put all my flows open 7x24.

Regards,

Mario

Mario Sanchez
    Servicios en TecnologĂ­a de la Informacion SETEINFO del Ecuador C.A.

• 13.  RE: Schedules

Posted 03-04-2019 11:58
    Hi Mario

Sorry for the late response. We create new schedules instead of editing schedules that were created earlier. So far, it is working (so far twice) for us.
    Hope this it work for you too.

Best Regards
    MengYong

Meng Yong

• 14.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-02-2019 11:00
    Hi There,
    We setup our Christmas schedule to yearly. But it was important to test the schedule way before Christmas to see how it was behaving.  This worked for us, but we had some challenges in changing the period. We had an old schedule from 9:00 am to 6 pm. To change that from 6am to 8pm was challenging. The system did not allow us. But we realized that by changing the schedule to weekly, we were able to make the change, then we finally changed the schedule back to Yearly. On Christmas day, the schedule worked as expected.

Samuel Effange
    Nissan North America, Inc.

• 15.  RE: Schedules

Posted 01-07-2019 15:42
    I have to say this was the first xmas i spent without having to intervene with the platform because of this issue.
    I did however customize dates and times in accordance with the process of how the scheduling operates.

Every other year i had used a yearly custom iCal calculation and that seemed to be the issue.

This year i went with no ical calculation and customized the dates and times in accordance to our shut down period.
    Active open hours were tailored to "Holiday" while out of hour operation was configured for the close scheduled period, i did not touch a normal operating hours for either Open/Closed and it worked without a hitch.

Can certainly feel everyone's angst towards the situations that occurred as i had previously spent holiday shutdowns in the same boat.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 16.  RE: Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2019 09:56
    I saw an internal message today saying that a fix is now live in production for the Schedule issues (where they seem to inexplicably change from one type to another, e.g., from Weekly to Custom, on their own). Hopefully this issue is now resolved as part of the fix.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources