Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 03-20-2019 18:44
    Hello all,

We are using concurrent seats licenses for PureCloud users, because we have 2 offices in opposite timezone. There was no overage issue until 2018-03-18. From that day, we got overage everyday, and the peak number of concurrent seats almost reaches the number of activated users. It generates a lot of extra expense. After checking the usage report, we noticed some users were not on-queue in whole day at all, but their names are in contribution list of peak hour. Very strange. It seems that PureCloud began to charge my organization per name users instead of concurrent seats.

We also notice there are 4 physical edges are charged as virtual edges. This is a mistake as well.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks!
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Wen Gu
    SITA SCARL- Switzerland Branch

• 2.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 03-20-2019 19:47
    Edited by Darryn Chang 03-20-2019 19:48
    Hi there, effective from 2019 Genesys began to charge various organisations dependent on their contractual agreements with the price changes.
    PureCloud Pricing and Concurrency Update

I know that it also meant non-queue users would begin being charged for accessing Purecloud. This may explain why you have seen an increase. Might be worth confirming with your organisation the number of registered users of Purecloud as a whole including Admins, Supervisors, Business Users and Agents. 

As far as your hardware charges, i cannot comment but worth following up with your ACM and billing in your region.

While the Q&A on this page states a concurrent usage report is available with which users were charged, I don't think it has been released as of yet as I am unable to generate the same report under Subscription. My report only appears with the amount of users not the who falls under the concurrent licenses

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 3.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2019 09:42
    I ran this by some billing folks, and they gave me:

Make sure you are looking at the "Concurrent Usage Report" not the "Billable Usage Report". The Concurrent Usage Report should display two pieces of information - (1) a daily peak number of concurrent users (we bill for the highest number we find for the bill cycle) and (2) a list of all users who contributed to the peak usage. See the screenshot of what the report looks like.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 03-21-2019 18:51
    Unfortunately George not all billing is on the same page. I requested the very same detail to obtain the concurrent users that make up the peak users. (2) and they couldnt provide such detail. Even though it states in resource center that it should be released by now. Can't raise a case as its Billing related so support only direct me back to the subscription concurrent usage report. It's terribly frustrating, maybe its a region thing again

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

GENESYS
    Posted 03-23-2019 08:52
    Hi Darryn,
    We have customers with billing start dates ranging from the 1st to 31st of a month. For existing customers rollout of these changes is staggered based upon the notification lead time + billing the start date. The FAQ provided a date range stating that, "Customers should see this report in the next 60 to 90 days" to account for the notification lead time and the fact that the billing period varies by customer. The updated usage views should be available to a concurrent Org once the updated concurrency calculation is in effect. This is why the FAQ discussed this

Newer customers with concurrent licensing have had these reports since day 1 as they were under the new policy.

Regards,
    Don

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 03-23-2019 10:51
    Many thanks, Darryn, for your help.

The whole thing makes us feel very uncomfortable. The main reason we decided to use concurrent seats licensing mode in Oct/Nov 2018 is because it based on on-queue status of agents. During the whole pre-sale discussion before we placed order, we had never been told this licensing was going to be changed very soon. Actually this licensing mode tracking on-queue status was strengthened as a selling point. And we have never been officially notified by anyone from PureCloud the licensing change till now.

Wen Gu

• 7.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 03-24-2019 18:21
    Best to speak to your ACM or your partner manager. We are all different when it comes to the type off licensing fees and im pretty sure (don't quote me) that it depends what your organisation has opted for. Your org may of opted for a contracted concurrent period, to which if i understand correctly has locked in the per concurrent user pricing. Where as non contracted/commitment are affected, at the end of the day its business, price increases occur for any type of product out there what ever industry. If you take your line of business and review your ROI since implementation then your business should see a difference.

For my company we saw a massive increase. Don't laugh but we went from the classic call center Pen and Paper/Phone Book straight to cloud we have seen the ROI since implementing and haven't looked back. We have our ups and downs with support but what company doesn't as Genesys release new features and more inventive and intuitive ways to greater the customer experience, i continually look out for what's next.

So while the price may be increasing for some in this space, I am embracing the cost it has paid its dues ten fold.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 8.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 04-11-2019 00:46
    @Donald Huovinen Do you know of the best way to determine the charged concurrent users?
    I have been using the login/logout report as support and billing have been unable to provide such detail and as you stated it is dependent on when it rolls out to the org.

I always find that i end up with more users than what we are charged for, bad for Genesys good for our org :)

While the message has been appearing on our monthly invoices, it seems the transition to the new billing model from March 1st has yet to occur. I have raised this with your billing team so I am sure they are well aware but the additional feature of determining the users has yet to take affect.

It does seem that the pre-method of on-queue user charging is still in affect for our org, which we don't mind like I said cheaper for our org.

​

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 9.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

GENESYS
    Posted 04-11-2019 09:24
    Hi Darryn,
    The only way I'm aware of to see concurrent usage is via the Concurrent Usage Report as detailed at https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/download-usage-reports/
    Once the Org has moved to the revised concurrency calculations then the Concurrent Usage Report should be available in the new format/details. So if your billing period happened to start of 6-April and your Org was on the revised concurrency calculations then if you went in today and ran the report you would see the current peak for your billing period to date with the additional details.

Unfortunately I don't have insight on the specific timing of the rollout due to the billing periods however your CSM/Advisor should be able to provide you this information.

Don

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Billing issue for concurrent seats of PureCloud users since 2019-03-18

Posted 03-29-2019 15:01
    This licensing change will cause significant impact on cost, if agents just put themselves off-queue but don't log out. To control concurrent license more effectively, PureCloud definitely should have session timeout feature to log out user automatically like this idea request CLINB-I-262.

Wen Gu

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources