PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer - encoding problem

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 11-02-2010 16:08
    Hi. We have problem with Dialer and polish characters in CallList. We have database in Polish_CI_AS collation (codepage for that collation is windows-1250). In Interaction Scripter (preview campaign with custom scripts), we don't see polish special chars, but only common letters, (Ł=>L, Ę=>E etc). We are sure that Dialer see data without polish chars, because in CallList setting we set character column with polish chars as phone number column and run "Run test" campaign, which shows records with phone numbers (with fake column without polish chars). What should I do, to have polish characters in Scripter? Database collation? Script encoding, UDL settings, ODBC settings? Please help, and sorry for my English. Kovaristo

• 2.  RE: Dialer - encoding problem

Posted 05-24-2019 05:26
    Hi I looking this same information and I found in the documentation that for Dialer and PureConnect Database should be set a Collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 

Maybe it helps someone in the future. 
    CampaignServer processes use the Dialer database to store contact lists and associated data. 

The DialerTran process requires the default collation for this database, which is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. 

If you use other collations, queries will fail, preventing the retrieval of data. This will result in Dialer being unable to dial any records.​

Source:
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/supported_database_servers.htm

------------------------------
    Rafal Gaworski
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources