PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 01-31-2013 10:17
    Is it possible at all to add multiple values to one filed in the CDR Log for instance? What I want is a string like this "objectvalue1;objectvalue2;objectvalue3" I was hoping that I could do something like this (CIC 3.0 SU14 btw) CustomString2=CallAttribute('ObjectAttribute1')&";"&CallAttribute('ObjectAttribute2')&";"&CallAttribute('ObjectAttribute3') However that doesnt work, has anyone done something similar without using handlers? I cannof find any other documentation on how to use the commands other than it is possible to use one at a time. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 02-04-2013 06:59
    According to Interactive, it is not possible to append or concatenate values in the Custom Mappings for Reports. What I have to do to solve this is to create the string in the Handler CustomCallDisconnect.ihd. There I create a string and either store it in a custom database or set it to a CallAttribute that we can use in a Custom Mapping. Happy if this helps anyone else :)

• 3.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 00:44
    Hi,
    I too have similar requirement as i have to capture customer journey in IVR. Currently   i am appending string with reporting value as customer progress in the call flow like "option1;option2;accountfount;nomatch;balanceplayed;CallTransferredRoutingHandler" . Now i want this data to be stored in pure connect table so that i can create he report based on call id so that is display   the complete customer journey . please tell me how can i achieve this?

------------------------------
    Halesha Nagarajappa
    Accenture Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 07:16
    Good Afternoon

You can use CustomAttributes for this. We use them to set values like, "Entered", "Message", Closed", "Entered Queue" etc and so you can determine if the call was abandoned in IVR, when it was abandoned. Or, alternatively, as you state, determine the journey.

You have 9 String Attributes, 9 Number attributes and 2 Date attributes (it used to be 6 but was increased in 2018 sometime to 9)

[CustomString1], [CustomString2], [CustomString3], [CustomString4], [CustomString5], [CustomString6], [CustomString7], [CustomString8], [CustomString9]
    [CustomNum1], [CustomNum2], [CustomNum3], [CustomNum4], etc.
    [CustomDateTime], [CustomDateTimeGMT]

Step 1 is to assign names to each attribute so they can be set in Attendant. Not an entirely intuitive step, but you need to go to System Configuaration\Report logs in Attendant. Open Log Interaction Custom Attributes and select tab Mappings. Here you enter a string to assign names to CustomAttributes. Here is an example:
    CustomString1=CallAttribute("cat_Enter");CustomString2=CallAttribute("cat_MainMenu");CustomString3=CallAttribute("cat_SubMenu");CustomString4=CallAttribute("cat_TOD");CustomString5=CallAttribute("cat_Queue")

Once this is in place and saved, then you can amend Attendant flow to assign value to the attributes. You need to use the name you have assigned. Add into the flow a new Operation, Set Attribute and enter the information. For example
    Attribute: cat_TOD
    Value: Closed

When all these are in place, the output will be in the database table [InteractionCustomAttributes] (however they drop the names you have used and report as CustomString1, CustomString2 etc. Each call has the InteractionIDKey so this can be joined to the InteractionSummary table to give the information required.

If there are insufficient string attributes, you may need to use Number attributes and assign codes in a table to get the corresponding mapping.

Shout loudly in my direction if you need anything else.

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 5.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 07:32
    Hi Philip,

Thanks for the reply.
    we have developed the entire self service IVR in Interaction designer using handler and call flow is very big. I dont think 9 custom string columns in CDR table  is enough for me to capture the customer journey as my client wants to report each and every activity that happened in the IVR call tree.
    I know ,i can use set call attribute tool in designer to set the values and map these  to custom string column of CDR table . My problem is limited number of ustom string columns. i was think to store the entire IVR call travels reporting in delimiter separated fashion like (option1;option2;accountfount;nomatch;balanceplayed;menu3;menu4;menu4_option1;Menu5_option2) and assign this string to one single custom call attribute. but i dont know the max character size limit on custom call attribute?. Please suggest is my above approach is valid? if not please suggest better way of doing it.

Halesha Nagarajappa

• 6.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 08:43
    I do not know the text limit, maybe have to experiment.

Have you tried, setting an attribute initially, then thereafter, every time you have a choice, decision, branch etc you want to record, adding it to the attribute.

For instance, a call comes in, set attribute "cat_IVRJourney" with value Enter.

Thereafter, set attribute with value followed by $(cat_IVRJourney) as this adds your entry to the value of the attribute. If you only had two entries and the final entry was "Queue" then it would be

Queue;$(cat_IVRJourney)

The final value of cat_IVRJourney would then be "Queue;Enter". I think in the format I have used, it would be in reverse order though. Might need to be careful about delimiter, you could try ";"

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 7.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 09:05
    The max length of the CustomStringN columns is 50 so I cannot imagine that this would be sufficient. If your IVR is exclusively in Designer, you can write your "journey" onto the CallLog. This has a max length of 2000 characters, and each "leg" of the log is separated by CHAR(10) with a leading time stamp. If you think you will still fill this up (we have an IVR profile that with Attendant Reporting on does fill this column up regularly), you may have to think about writing a custom IVR log.

Sean Walls

• 8.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 10:32
    If the goal is to track the customer's journey through the IVR, the most appropriate method is to use the IVR_EnterLevel and IVR_ExitIVR Toolsteps.  These log information to the IVRHistory and IVRInterval tables. These tables allow for any number of levels and exits, and you can produce utilization and ext report easily.

Tim Cannon
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

• 9.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-10-2019 23:40
    Hi All

thanks for helping me out here..

@Tim This solution looks more viable ​.. I should have IVR_enterLevel Node in all the places wherever i want to capture the reporting data right?Like,before moving to next tool in designer i should place this tool set the reporting value and join the exit path to next menu tool or play audio tool?.can you please explain where should i use IVR_ExitIVR? Should I have it before going out of self service IVR? And how it works in case if customer hangup between call flow where IVR_ExitIVR tool never get executed? at that time also data stores in DB table?

Halesha Nagarajappa

• 10.  RE: Adding multiple CallAttribute values to CustomString2 in CDR Report Log

Posted 04-11-2019 11:24
    That's what I do. I have levels that include:
    IVR_Invalid_Account
    IVR_Authentication_Complete
    IVR_Main_Menu
    IVR_Mailing_Address
    (As well as many others)
    I use the prefix to separate my entries from Attendant entries.
    I use the IVR_Exit at every place a customer can exit. The text describes the exit location and the code categorizes it.
    You can define these as needed.  I exit codes like 1 = abandon, 2 = fail to agent, 3=request agent, 4= contained

Here are links to the documentation on the toolsteps:

IVR_EnterLevel

IVR_Exit

Tim Cannon
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources