PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-09-2013 16:28
    Hi Everyone, I don't know if you've had the oportunity to integrate the Siebel CRM 7.7 with the CIC 4.0 now that is available SU3. I'd appreciate any help or suggestion about this topic. Regards, Joi Flores.

• 2.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 04-10-2013 05:43
    From a support perspective, our Siebel Integration for CIC 4.0, released in SU3, will support Siebel 7.5.X through Siebel 7.7 include Siebel 8.X. It is provided as one solution supporting all of the versions listed. Siebel has kept the same integration architecture allowing Interactive Intelligence to provide one product offering capable of supporting Siebel 7 through to Siebel 8.

• 3.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-10-2013 16:38
    Hi Michael, Thank you very much for your reply. I?m following the instructions on the Siebel Integration Installation and configuration document, and on the siebel's installation part, there are a lot of oracle's documents, it's so much information and It's easy to get lost, please can you help me with some documentation about this segment of the installation. I'll be very grateful and I'd appreciate all your suggestions and help. Best Regards, Joi Flores.

• 4.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-10-2013 21:24
    the thing about the oracle documentation that Interactive provide is that is for the following features; Redundancy, Load Balancing and Failover. We have a design with the integration install out of the Siebel Server, so for that matter we have to install the Comm Session Manager (a.k.a. Siebel CTI Driver) in another server, but that segment of the installation and configuration is missing, please I hope you can share this information, I'll be very grateful. I appreciate all the help and suggestions you can provide, thanks. Best Regards, Joi Flores.

• 5.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-11-2013 03:09
    Check out this documentation on Siebel Configuration parameters: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B40099_02/books/CommSrvAdm/CommSrvAdm_ConfigSessComm8.html These are the settings of interest. These allow you to define the location of the each component when the implementation of Siebel Application Object Manager and Siebel Comm Session Manager components are on separate servers. CommSessionMgr BackupCommSessionMgr EnterpriseServer BackupEnterpriseServer GatewayAddress BackupGatewayAddress RequestServer BackupRequestServer

• 6.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-11-2013 21:25
    Thank you very much for the information. So I have to install and configure all these components on the Standalone server, right? CommSessionMgr BackupCommSessionMgr EnterpriseServer BackupEnterpriseServer GatewayAddress BackupGatewayAddress RequestServer BackupRequestServer Please, if you have the steps I need to follow to configure this the right way, I'll be very thankful. Best Regards, Joi Flores.

• 7.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-18-2013 03:33
    Unfortunately I can't provide specific instructions on how each parameter needs to be implemented given your proposed architecture. These questions may be better suited with Oracle/Siebel Services or a Certified Siebel Consultant. From my experience, running in a load balance configuration where the the Application Object Manager and Comm Session Manager are installed on each server in the load balance, you should not have to configure any of these parameters. Siebel assumes the Comm Session Manager is local unless otherwise configured. Also note there is a special note on the Siebel documentation regarding Load Balance configuration which may be of value: NOTE: If Siebel Server Load Balancing is enabled, you generally run Communications Session Manager on all of the load-balanced machines (where Application Object Manager is running). If Communications Session Manager must be disabled on any of these machines, then you must run it on another machine and specify its location using the parameters described here.

• 8.  RE: Siebel Integration CIC 4.0 SU3

Posted 04-29-2013 19:36
    Thank you very much for your reply Mark

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources