PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Oracle Service Cloud Integration

Posted 08-17-2015 20:20
    Has anyone done the Oracle Service Cloud Integration with CIC? We are looking for some best practices on popping Incidents based on the customer's ANI. Depending on how many Contacts are returned with the same phone number, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andrew

• 2.  RE: Oracle Service Cloud Integration

Posted 08-19-2015 22:16
    We've done this a few different ways. There are many different considerations including whether to pop an incident, contact, or organization and how to handle various exceptional conditions - whether to use the ScriptAssist utility to create a script to attach to a call and modify using handlers or whether to interface directly with the Oracle software. Please let me know if I can help in a more specific way. --David

• 3.  RE: Oracle Service Cloud Integration

Posted 08-20-2015 13:50
    We have used ScriptAssist to create the script to attach to the call. The script is the following: We perform a Server Search with the following criteria: Search Against: Contact Field: Phones.PhoneList.RawNumber Operator: EQUALS Value: {IVR_Contact_ID} ID Token: {Query_Contact_ID} We then use a Conditional Statement that says: Token Name: {Query_Contact_ID} Operator: Equals Record Count: 1 If this is true, then we pop the Incident Workspace with the Contact already associated with it. I also set the Product, Queue, and a few Custom Fields. If this is false, we pop a Contact Workspace for the Agent to fill in the First and Last Name of the Contact, I also go ahead and set the Customer's ANI as the Contacts Phone Number. When the Agent hits "Save & Close", I have the script perform another Server Search with the same information from above. This should return the Contact ID of the Customer the Agent just entered into the system. After the Server Search, I pop a Incident Workspace with the Customer as the Contact. So there are some exceptions we have run into that is causing us some serious issues. If there is more than 1 Contact in the system with the same phone number, the Conditional Section from above results in the False action, causing the Agent to enter the customer in as a new Contact. I have also heard reports of the script simply not working, Agents say the Contact Workspace pops, and after they hit "Save & Close", the Incident Workspace pops but there is no Contact Assigned. This is more annoying than anything, because when the Agent clicks to search for a Contact for the Incident, the Customer they just entered shows up in their Recent Contacts list. We also use Call Back Requests and I have heard reports that the script is not working on these either. We have customized our CBRs so that when one is routed to an Agent, after they "Pick-Up" the CBR, it automatically places the call for them (this prevents Agents from "camping" on a CBR). Through some testing, I found that when a Call is assigned a script, there are a couple of new Call Attributes that are set relating to the script. So I wrote a handler to set these attributes on the CBR, I set the Attribute "Eic_ScreenPopName" to "RightNow Screen Pop", and I would set the Attribute "RNOW_Script" to the XML of the script I created using ScriptAssist. In all of my testing this worked perfectly, now that we are using it in Production, I get mixed results. To add to the complexity, we have CBRs configured so that if the Customer is not reached, the CBR will automatically re-queue itself in 15 minutes. When this 2nd CBR is created, I again set the Attributes mentioned above. Again, this worked every time while testing, now that it is in Production, I am getting mixed results as well. I would love to hear about your exception handling and any other ways you have implemented this type of functionality. I know that we have only used ScriptAssist to interface with the RightNow system, but I am willing to try anything and everything to get this working perfectly. Thanks, Andrew

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources