PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 08-18-2017 15:30
    I have a problem with setting the priority weight. I made a subroutine where I use the Acd Initiate Processing tool to set the priority weight for the call. I have this subroutine in Attendant, right before I send the call to the workgroup. What I am trying to archive here is to give the calls to one particular workgroup an absolute priority. So, for the agent with multiple workgroups a call to this workgroup should always get to the agent first. The problem is that it works but only sometimes. I am testing on two workgroups with the same priority value, no skills required. I place one test call to the group with regular priority (no weight set), leave it in the queue. I place another call to the group with weight set, leave it in the queue. After setting the agent to "Available" I expect the second call to be presented because the Interaction score should be higher. On some calls it happens, but mostly I am getting the first call, since it was sitting the the queue for longer time. Any idea why would that be happening? And, as a more general question - am I doing this right? Is this how one would set the weights to fine-tune the Interaction Score?

• 2.  RE: Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 08-20-2017 14:05
    It depends on what else the call flow does in Attendant for whether or not this will work. Instead of using a custom subroutine to do this (which could potentially have nothing to do with a workgroup transfer), try doing the same thing in the customization point CustomAcdInitiateProcessing. Also, be sure to set the transferred flag to true. I also usually create a structured parameter to contain settings like this so that they can be changed in Interaction Administrator without needing to modify a custom handler. To see exactly what is happening in the ACD subsystem, turn up the ACD Server tracing topic to Notes or All (can't remember right off which is required), place a call into the queue, then look at the log. It will show each call as they run through the interaction formula so that you can see how the various values and weights are applied and the resulting scores.

• 3.  RE: Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 08-21-2017 19:51
    Originally posted by dcurrier;35660
    It depends on what else the call flow does in Attendant for whether or not this will work. Instead of using a custom subroutine to do this (which could potentially have nothing to do with a workgroup transfer), try doing the same thing in the customization point CustomAcdInitiateProcessing. Also, be sure to set the transferred flag to true. I also usually create a structured parameter to contain settings like this so that they can be changed in Interaction Administrator without needing to modify a custom handler.
    Thanks; looks like I haven't been doing it right because this approach makes much more sense. I tried it and it works consistently. Thanks again for your help.

• 4.  RE: Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 08-22-2017 13:36
    Another thing to consider is to pull the ACD Technical Reference document and read about how the ACD routing formula is calculated. This will help you figure out what values in the formula can be set to and still allow the wrong call to route to an agent first.

• 5.  RE: Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 05-30-2019 12:03
    Thanks for sharing this information David.  I realized that the system handler was overwriting my priority settings from the IP logs and after following these instructions I was able to bypass this and use our custom settings.

------------------------------
    Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

• 6.  RE: Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 05-30-2019 15:12
    Alternatively (and I would suggest slightly more supportable) is to set the call attribute (Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupPriority) to your required value. Then, in Attendant, when you send the call to the queue, you can tell it to use that attribute rather than specifying a fixed value.

• 7.  RE: Setting priority weight with Acd Initiate Processing

Posted 06-03-2019 12:35
    Thanks for sharing this Paul.  I tested this out and it works perfectly and I found this method to fit our needs with minimal tool-step additions to our custom handler.

Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources