PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dynamic Schedule

Posted 01-15-2018 17:53
    Hi, I am working with a new aspect of my company that requires multiple dialer campaigns to run daily. The problem is they are very VERY small, 15-150 calls to make varying between preview and predictive. When one stops we have to start another. Are there any recommendations to automate this process? Thanks

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Schedule

Posted 01-16-2018 14:52
    Which version of CIC are you on? Starting in I believe 2017 R3 they added in a way to string together the campaigns in a slick interface. Otherwise you may need to set this up in rules but its probably going to be a bit clunky.

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Schedule

Posted 01-17-2018 15:39
    Originally posted by MarkT;36606
    Which version of CIC are you on? Starting in I believe 2017 R3 they added in a way to string together the campaigns in a slick interface. Otherwise you may need to set this up in rules but its probably going to be a bit clunky.
    Thanks Mark! I am 16R4. I reviewed the 17R3 release notes, but I didn't find anything that seemed to reference making campaigns dependent on one another. We are on the cusp of updating (yay I think) so this would be ideal. If I missed the data, I am sorry. Can you point me in the right direction? There is no criteria in rules that will start one campaign based on the completion of another. Thanks Nellie

• 4.  RE: Dynamic Schedule

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2018 16:55
    Actually, Dialer used to have Workflows (where you could flow from one campaign to another) up until 4.0. In 2016 R2, the Advanced Campaign Management feature was introduced https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_rn/desktop/interaction_dialer_enhancements.htm?rhtocid=1.9.3.0_1#Interaction_Dialer2 It makes use of Campaign Groups and a Campaign sequence to transition between different aspects of a campaign based upon various triggers. https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/campaign_sequence_tab.htm Essentially, there is one campaign, but it can transition through different dialing behaviors based upon triggers. If you still want to transition between different Campaigns, you can use Rules to Pause and Unpause different campaigns (usually based on the Recycle Size campaign statistic for the current campaign), plus you can use an Agent Management action to log agents out of one campaign and into another. This requires that your campaigns are scheduled to run all the time (or at least continuously during open hours), but works pretty well for what you are wanting to do.

• 5.  RE: Dynamic Schedule

Posted 01-25-2018 13:16
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36617
    Actually, Dialer used to have Workflows (where you could flow from one campaign to another) up until 4.0. In 2016 R2, the Advanced Campaign Management feature was introduced https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_rn/desktop/interaction_dialer_enhancements.htm?rhtocid=1.9.3.0_1#Interaction_Dialer2 It makes use of Campaign Groups and a Campaign sequence to transition between different aspects of a campaign based upon various triggers. https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/campaign_sequence_tab.htm Essentially, there is one campaign, but it can transition through different dialing behaviors based upon triggers. If you still want to transition between different Campaigns, you can use Rules to Pause and Unpause different campaigns (usually based on the Recycle Size campaign statistic for the current campaign), plus you can use an Agent Management action to log agents out of one campaign and into another. This requires that your campaigns are scheduled to run all the time (or at least continuously during open hours), but works pretty well for what you are wanting to do.
    Thanks George, Oh that workflows were still an option. I am aware of the advanced dialer management, but in this case I am needing to basically schedule a campaign based on another. Campaign X starts when Campaign Y has no more recycles and 50 calls remaining. Based on extensive research, this would have to be custom. I appreciate your thoughtful response and time it took. Thanks agian

• 6.  RE: Dynamic Schedule

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2018 17:04
    Originally posted by nellieb;36637
    Thanks George, Oh that workflows were still an option. I am aware of the advanced dialer management, but in this case I am needing to basically schedule a campaign based on another. Campaign X starts when Campaign Y has no more recycles and 50 calls remaining. Based on extensive research, this would have to be custom. I appreciate your thoughtful response and time it took. Thanks agian
    Yeah, key words for your situation are "Campaign X starts". I know I said it above, but the only way I can think of to achieve similar functionality to Workflows (and having had long conversations with Development regarding how to emulate workflow functionality), you will have to change that "start" to "un-pause". To the best of my knowledge :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources