PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

• 1.  Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-14-2018 12:58
    Hello !! Currently we have queue callback enabled. We would like the Callback function to automatically dial the next customer's phone and automatically connect the call to an agent standing by but i was informed that this option is not viable. As a workaround we would like to use the auto dialer to handle these callbacks. Would this be possible and what does it entail? Thank you!!

• 2.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-14-2018 18:13
    Hi Frank! I am a little unclear about what you are asking here. In Attendant, you can set up a Callback Request so that a customer does not have to wait in queue for an available agent. That request is an interaction type with its own ACD Utilization settings, although it shares interaction type with Call for ACD licensing purposes. The Callback Request is set up to call the customer on either the ANI of the existing call (I.E. the one where they are accessing the IVR from) or you can use a Caller Data Entry node to ask the caller for the best number to use. Intaeraction Dialer is an additional product which allows you to define a list of contacts (set up as a table in a database) who may have multiple numbers defined. The system then calls these contacts and, when it gets a live person, connects them to agents. (There is a LOT more to this concerning statistics and prediction and so on!) This forum is primarily concerned with discussions around the Interaction Dialer product. These two are completely separate parts of the product. In fact, the latter requires an additional install and licenses. So, please can you clarify which scenario you are using? Your mention of Callbacks implies the first, but your mention of "next customer's phone" implies the second. Sorry if either I am misreading your question or my response doesn't make sense.

• 3.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-14-2018 19:04
    Hi Paul, I apologize for the poor explanation on my initial post. Currently we use the queue call back option. The customer enters their information, hangs up and when their turn in the queue comes up, our agent gets a pop-up with the caller information. This is good but the agent has to initiate the call manually. Its only presents the option to call instead of automatically connecting the agent and the customer. I was informed by our support partner that this is how queue call back works and that the call back process cannot be automated. We would have liked to see it work a little different. We would like to see the call be offered automatically to agents as they would any other inbound calls, a whisper to the headset followed by the already connected call. The question i have is, can we set up the dialer to automate the queue call back option in a way that the agent would not have to initiate the call? Thank you for your help. frank

• 4.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2018 21:13
    Frank, Essentially, you would have to create a custom handler which could be called from Attendant, and that custom handler would have to properly insert a JIT entry into Interaction Dialer so that the outbound calls will be placed in the order of insertion. That's an over-simplification, but theoretically could be done...not at all a simple solution.

• 5.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-14-2018 21:29
    We wrote a handler to automatically place the call for the Agent once they "Pick Up" the callback interaction. Then, with another handler, once the call is disconnected, it automatically disconnects the callback interaction to prevent the agents from "camping" on the callback. I can provide more detail if you need. Thanks, Andrew

• 6.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-15-2018 10:31
    We wrote a custom form which gives the agents a little bit of time to review the callback before the system automatically dials the call back. Your partner is correct that out of the box the agents have to click the callback button but this can be adjusted by customizing the system. It looks like someone else got this working by doing something similar in handlers.

• 7.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-15-2018 18:11
    Originally posted by AWooster;36868
    We wrote a handler to automatically place the call for the Agent once they "Pick Up" the callback interaction. Then, with another handler, once the call is disconnected, it automatically disconnects the callback interaction to prevent the agents from "camping" on the callback. I can provide more detail if you need. Thanks, Andrew
    Thank you for responding to my post. It would be great if you could elaborate on this. I'm not too familiar with handlers, for now, but i can forward the information to our support-partner technician. Again, thank you for your time. Respectfully, Frank

• 8.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-15-2018 20:12
    Auto Dial Handler: In CustomACDPostAlertInteraction we do a "Query Media Type" to check to see if the interaction is a Callback, if it is we run the custom handler. Custom handler converts Callback Interaction Id to string using the "Convert Call Id to String". We get the agent's user id with an assignment statement "StrRight(p_sAgentQueueId, StrLen(p_sAgentQueueId) - 11)" (got help from another developer with this). Get the station the user is logged into with a "User Login List" toolstep. Get the customer phone number from the attribute "Eic_CallbackPhone". Run the subroutine "DialPlanEx" for the customer phone number. Get the workgroup from the attribute "Eic_WorkgroupName". Get the custom attribute "Outbound ANI" from the workgroup using a Lookup toolstep with "Key Type" of "Workgroup", "Search Attribute Type" of Queue Identifier", "Value to use in search" of "Workgoup Queue: (workgroup we found earlier)" and "Attribute Type" of "CUSTOM::Outbound ANI" (this is set in IA for each workgroup so they have unique outbound ANIs). Then an "Extended Place Call" to place the call for the agent. If the call connects to a live person we set the Interaction Id of the Callback as a custom attribute on the new call. If it fails we disconnect the CBR but you could do anything you want here. Auto Disconnect Callback: In CustomCallDisconnect we check to see if the custom attribute we set in the previous handler has a value, if it does we run the other custom handler. Use the "Get Attribute" to get the Interaction Id of the Callback. Convert the string Interaction Id into a true Interaction ID using the "Convert String to Call Id" and then disconnect the newly created Interaction Id. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Andrew

• 9.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-16-2018 16:14
    Thank you Andrew.
    Originally posted by AWooster;36886
    Auto Dial Handler: In CustomACDPostAlertInteraction we do a "Query Media Type" to check to see if the interaction is a Callback, if it is we run the custom handler. Custom handler converts Callback Interaction Id to string using the "Convert Call Id to String". We get the agent's user id with an assignment statement "StrRight(p_sAgentQueueId, StrLen(p_sAgentQueueId) - 11)" (got help from another developer with this). Get the station the user is logged into with a "User Login List" toolstep. Get the customer phone number from the attribute "Eic_CallbackPhone". Run the subroutine "DialPlanEx" for the customer phone number. Get the workgroup from the attribute "Eic_WorkgroupName". Get the custom attribute "Outbound ANI" from the workgroup using a Lookup toolstep with "Key Type" of "Workgroup", "Search Attribute Type" of Queue Identifier", "Value to use in search" of "Workgoup Queue: (workgroup we found earlier)" and "Attribute Type" of "CUSTOM::Outbound ANI" (this is set in IA for each workgroup so they have unique outbound ANIs). Then an "Extended Place Call" to place the call for the agent. If the call connects to a live person we set the Interaction Id of the Callback as a custom attribute on the new call. If it fails we disconnect the CBR but you could do anything you want here. Auto Disconnect Callback: In CustomCallDisconnect we check to see if the custom attribute we set in the previous handler has a value, if it does we run the other custom handler. Use the "Get Attribute" to get the Interaction Id of the Callback. Convert the string Interaction Id into a true Interaction ID using the "Convert String to Call Id" and then disconnect the newly created Interaction Id. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Andrew

• 10.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 10-26-2020 14:17
    ​​I know that this is 2 years old, but I am putting it here if anyone needs it :)

I was doing the exact same thing and found your post very interesting. I did exactly that, but I added one step:
    It was bugging me that the ne call was a second interaction instead of a child interaction and I figured out how to fix it.

On the Callback interaction, I am setting the attribute "Eic_CallbackAssociatedCallId" to the new CallId. This automatically makes it so that the call becomes a child of the callback and grey's out the "Make Call" button in the callback window. (Just like it would do if the agent had clicked it)

Hope this helps!

------------------------------
    Frederic Langlois
    Quovim C3 (9264-2354 Quebec Inc.)

• 11.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2020 03:33
    I would call out that having the call automatically placed without requiring an agent to click anything may be interpreted as making your solution an "automatic dialer system" and all the compliance overhead that comes with that.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_Consumer_Protection_Act_of_1991

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 12-16-2020 01:13
    Hi Frederic,

Thank you for sharing this information, I will try it :)

Regards

Mohammed Bazzi
    Viacomms Telecom KSCC

• 13.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 09-13-2022 18:00
    Hi,

I am implementing a solution for Auto Dial Handler for Custom Callback. I pretty implemented the solution your described.

One question though:
    In order to Disconnect the Callback Interaction , in the  CustomCallDisconnect subroutine
    I want to implement some kind of verification to validate the call was answered by a Real person, as opposed to a voicemail for example.
    How do you guys differentiate a call that was answered by a voicemail from a call answered  by a live person ?

The only thing I could think of, is to check Call Connect duration time (  Eic_ConnectDurationTime) 

Do you guys have a more accurate solution to validate this ?

Appreciate this discussion

Stephane Gagnon
    CGI Group Inc.

• 14.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 09-14-2022 10:19

You could use the Extended Place Call with the Perform Call Analysis to true and include Answering Machine Detection in Call Analysis. It detect correctly about 95%.

Thank You,

Richard Smidt

IT Network/VoIP Administrator

Smart Start Inc.

500 East Dallas Rd

Grapevine, TX 76051

Direct: 469-735-4689

Office: 800-880-3394 x2236

FAX:     469-735-4661

• 15.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 09-14-2022 15:22
    Thanks !

works very well.

It helps to fully read the documentation about a tool :)

Stephane Gagnon
    CGI Group Inc.

• 16.  RE: Using Auto Dialer to complete queue callback function

Posted 03-29-2021 22:34
    I try to do this on our system as well. Could you send me that handler tp richard.smidt@smartstartinc.com?

Richard Smidt
    Smart Start, Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources