PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Abandon Call Numbers Report

• 1.  Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 10-18-2017 07:55
    Dear Team, I am looking at the Abandon Calls reports in ICBM but i can see only total number of calls answered and Abandon. how would i know the Abandon calls detailed information with the Numbers. Highly appreciated your support Regards Mohammed

• 2.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 10-18-2017 12:32
    As of 2015, an abandon detail report was on the roadmap for development. I recommend voting for it here: http://ideas.inin.com/ideas/D390

• 3.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 10-18-2017 12:40
    Thanks dcurrier for your reply, I have tried to Vote but i found we are not Registered, i have sent an Email request to register. Once we registered i will vote for it. i hope this will worked. Regards Mohammed

• 4.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2017 16:57
    For now, you will need to create your own custom report (probably most easily done by modifying the existing User Call Detail report using Crystal Reports, and instead of limiting the report to users look at all calls). The CallDetail view has a field named DispositionCode. You should look for calls that have the following entries in that column, I think: 3.Local Disconnect when waiting in Workgroup Queue ( Value logged to db : 3 ) This is irrespective of interaction is connected or not. As long as the last segment is delay segment/waiting in the Workgroup queue and it is locally disconnected by user or system, we disposition as this 4.Remote Disconnect when alerting user/station ( Value logged to db : 4 ) This is irrespective of interaction is connected or not. As long as the last segment is alert segment and it is remotely disconnected, we disposition as this

• 5.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 10-19-2017 04:25
    I have been at this product for over 10 years and I have never met a customer yet that has not requested the abandoned call report. I build a handler for this about 4 years ago and just posted it on AppFoundry. It will take abandoned calls and either create a callback, email it, or write it to a file or db. Very handy handler when that abandoned call means money.

• 6.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2017 12:14
    I was looking at your stuff on AppFoundry yesterday (hoping your other reporting handler would meet the needs on the other thread you responded to). Didn't see this handler, so maybe you posted it after I looked...or I missed it. Thanks, Robert!

• 7.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 10-19-2017 18:04
    I have been trying to convert all my marketplace items over to AppFoundry - a long and slow process. I'll have that one up by early next week.

• 8.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 10-22-2017 07:37
    Thanks alot for suggestions, We are working on Customizing the report as you said, i will update once we done.

• 9.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 03-21-2018 14:14
    Hi all - any suggestions are cheerfully requested! My team of 5 people answer our calls in a queue - How can we best lower the number of 'abandoned calls' in our monthly reports? We are tasked with keeping our abandoned rate under 3-5% each month, but it seems like this is beyond the control of any specific representative (with the exception of keeping status of No ACD updated; which we are working on daily). Any thoughts or suggestions to keep this number closer to zero? Thank you very much, April

• 10.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

Posted 03-21-2018 14:24
    An abandoned call is one that disconnects while waiting in queue prior to the call being answered by an agent. The simplest way to reduce this number is to ensure that there is always someone available in the queue. This usually isn't the most realistic solution, but if the call never has to wait beyond hearing the phone ring before the agent answers, then there won't be very many that abandon. In short, this means hiring more agents and making sure that times where one or more agents are on break are well covered. Another option is presenting callers with an option to request a callback. They may still choose to hang up (abandon), but at least it gives them the option of doing something else. Also asking why callers are abandoning may be helpful. Are they hanging up because they aren't willing to wait on hold as long as it would be necessary to speak with an agent? If so, are there other services you could provide that would answer their question without the need to speak with an agent (self service, mobile updates, etc.)?

• 11.  RE: Abandon Call Numbers Report

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2018 14:57
    Originally posted by dcurrier;36907
    An abandoned call is one that disconnects while waiting in queue prior to the call being answered by an agent. The simplest way to reduce this number is to ensure that there is always someone available in the queue. This usually isn't the most realistic solution, but if the call never has to wait beyond hearing the phone ring before the agent answers, then there won't be very many that abandon. In short, this means hiring more agents and making sure that times where one or more agents are on break are well covered. Another option is presenting callers with an option to request a callback. They may still choose to hang up (abandon), but at least it gives them the option of doing something else. Also asking why callers are abandoning may be helpful. Are they hanging up because they aren't willing to wait on hold as long as it would be necessary to speak with an agent? If so, are there other services you could provide that would answer their question without the need to speak with an agent (self service, mobile updates, etc.)?
    One thing to add to David's comments - industry data suggests that having an Estimated Wait Time announcement encourages callers to stay in the queue (unless the wait time is so long as to be discouraging), so you might add that feature to your IVR (it's built into Attendant queue announcements, just turn it on). That coupled with a Callback option should reduce abandons during peak times.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources