PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email schedules in attendant

Posted 11-10-2017 02:13
    Hi. I want to have emails only queue during business hours. Outside of business hours, they should just stay in the mailbox. The purpose is so that we measure email service level in business hours only. What is the best way to achieve this?

• 2.  RE: Email schedules in attendant

Posted 11-12-2017 02:45
    I've never had a great solution for this. What I've usually done is create a holding queue where interactions that come in after hours are placed. There is a 15 minute timeout that allows them to check the schedules again and route the interaction into the production queue if during business hours. I'm interested to hear if someone has had a better solution to this.

• 3.  RE: Email schedules in attendant

Posted 11-13-2017 22:23
    I am being requested to do the same. Do not count time for email service level when we are closed. The service level for email response is 24 business (open) hours. The Business is open 7:00-19:00, Monday-Friday. If we schedule as email attendant, so as not to allow queing when closed, we will see a large influx of interactions, at opening time, on Monday morning. Also scheduling email attendant will prevent interaction from queuing when we are closed, yet, an interaction already in the queue, when the business closes will continue to increment time, until the next business day. The only avenue I can think of is to statistically average closed duration, and subtract this from the SL.

• 4.  RE: Email schedules in attendant

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2017 22:51
    Originally posted by Chaz Holmes;36272
    I am being requested to do the same. Do not count time for email service level when we are closed. The service level for email response is 24 business (open) hours. The Business is open 7:00-19:00, Monday-Friday. If we schedule as email attendant, so as not to allow queing when closed, we will see a large influx of interactions, at opening time, on Monday morning. Also scheduling email attendant will prevent interaction from queuing when we are closed, yet, an interaction already in the queue, when the business closes will continue to increment time, until the next business day. The only avenue I can think of is to statistically average closed duration, and subtract this from the SL.
    You could also do as some contact centers have done, which is to close the queue by schedule earlier so that there is time for all the emails that are in queue at the schedule close to be handled before the agent shift ends. That would entail changing the advertised open hours for email as well. If this is a blended contact center, and agents need to handle calls first thing in the morning, you would either need to delay the queue open, or use Utilization settings to allow agents to receive email and calls at the same time, with a reasonable maximum number of simultaneous emails. The other problem introduced by schedules for email queues, of course, is that the automated response from Attendant only gets sent when the email hits the queue, so someone could send an email at 19:01 on Friday, get the automated response at 07:00 on Monday, and a reply from an agent at 07:05 on Monday. I've worked around that by having two queues, the first of which is open all the time and sends the automated response, then via the Reply CC's another mailbox which has a scheduled queue, but that makes things difficult trying to get the From: address correct when the email gets routed to an agent. No really good solution. Of course, when an email sits in queue all weekend waiting for agents to go on queue, the truthful SL really is the 60 or so hours that gets reported...but managers don't want to see that true SL :-)

• 5.  RE: Email schedules in attendant

Posted 11-22-2018 19:08

Hi All,

a year has gone by since this thread, and I'm hoping we have an updated answer. We are running on 2018R2.
    We need the same thing, our Service Level is 2 business days as we are open Mon-Friday 8-430pm, and don't want emails that come in on the weekend counting down while we are closed.

I'm open to schedules, "holding tanks", any ideas are appreciated so calls are only queued during open hours.

We use Email Attendant with Build Replies so assume that a new node would be required to accept the email, 24/7, send the reply that we will reply within 2 business days, and then when we open, send them to the EM workgroups.

1...2...3... Go Ideas!

------------------------------
    Therese Moorhouse
    Pacific Blue Cross
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources