PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get Interaction by ID Sting

Posted 02-26-2013 19:45
    Is there a way (if I have the CallId of an interaction) to get all the attributes of that interaction? I would like to pass the call id string to my IceLib program... reach out.. and grab some attributes from it. Right now I don't even see how to use the callid to get the interaction object. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Get Interaction by ID Sting

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 03-20-2013 15:21
    I'm going to use C# to illustrate the solution but you could easily convert it to VB if needed. Let's start off with some base assumptions:
    1. A session is established.
    2. The call id is defined in string variable
    In my code, I will have these variables already declared and defined: Session session; string callId; With that, make sure your project has references to ININ.IceLib (naturally) and ININ.IceLib.Interactions and that wherever you'd like to use this code has the using ININ.IceLib; using ININ.IceLib.Connection; using ININ.IceLib.Interactions; Now, grab an instance of the InteractionsManager object which is a singleton design pattern: InteractionsManager interactionsManager = InteractionsManager.GetInstance(session); From there, we want to "create" an interaction locally with the InteractionsManager object: Interaction interaction = interactionsManager.CreateInteraction(new InteractionId(callId)); And lastly, to obtain the attributes you would like, call the Get<Type>Attribute(string attributeName) method on the Interaction object. For example, if you wish to get a handful of string attributes, you can do the following: IDictionary<string,string> results = interaction.GetStringAttributes(new string[] { "attribute1", "attribute2", etc }); I am unsure if there is a way to get a list of attributes that are currently set on the Interaction, and if that was your question, I am sorry that I misunderstood. Hope this at least points you in the right direction.

• 3.  RE: Get Interaction by ID Sting

Posted 07-10-2013 21:28
    I'm sorry this reply is late but got caught up in the solution. Your example was very helpful.

• 4.  RE: Get Interaction by ID Sting

Posted 03-28-2019 13:07

Could you please share with us how you got solved? My screnario is as follows:

Once an agent gets an interaction and it is placed to hold state, we want to show some popup alert with a clock. Could you please give us a clue?.

Regards,

Mario

------------------------------
    Mario Sanchez
    Servicios en Tecnología de la Informacion SETEINFO del Ecuador C.A.

• 5.  RE: Get Interaction by ID Sting

Posted 03-28-2019 13:28
    Hi Mario,

I do not have a popup but I have recently added a timer to interaction connect as a custom column. This timer gets value from a custom handler that is initiated once the held button is pressed and ends once the call is un-held.
    The handler was quite simple to build as it simply updated a custom attribute that is set on the custom column.

We though of having a popup but opted for this approach as it was quick and easy to implement.

Regards
    Vineet

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources