PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dozens of repeat voicemails

Posted 11-10-2016 21:24
    Greetings fellow ININ admins! I have a user who receives repeated emails notifying of a new voicemail. Each email comes every 4-6 minutes for about 30 minutes and finally stops. The user belongs to 3 workgroups and is the mailbox user for all three. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a way to resolve it? Many thanks!

• 2.  RE: Dozens of repeat voicemails

Posted 11-11-2016 19:09
    on the User tab, Client Configuration there is a section for alerting when voicemail comes in. take a peek at this picture

• 3.  RE: Dozens of repeat voicemails

Posted 11-11-2016 20:43
    Originally posted by tammyf0602;34242
    on the User tab, Client Configuration there is a section for alerting when voicemail comes in. take a peek at this picture
    Thanks Tammy. The user does want to get an alert, just not dozens. This seems like a bug more than a settings issue.

• 4.  RE: Dozens of repeat voicemails

Posted 11-13-2016 03:16
    The most common cause of this issue is a user that sets their voicemail notification phone number to their own phone number creating a loop. A new voicemail comes in and the system then places a voicemail notification call to the user's DID... which results in another voicemail and another voicemail notification call... etc. I've seen this result in thousands of voicemail notification messages over a weekend until they caught the problem.

• 5.  RE: Dozens of repeat voicemails

Posted 11-14-2016 15:25
    I was able to resolve this by changing the Attendant schedule settings to disconnect after voicemail is reached, instead of looping back. Thanks for everyone's attention! :)

• 6.  RE: Dozens of repeat voicemails

Posted 11-14-2016 15:47
    Yup, that's the 2nd most common scenario. :) Sorry, forgot to include that one.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources