PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Recovering Deleted Schedule - is it possible?

Posted 01-18-2017 01:44
    Hi All, Just wondering if it's at all possible to recover/restore a Schedule that was accidentally deleted? Our Workforce Planner was deleting emails in Outlook and somehow the screen focus changed over to Optimizer and deleted a Schedule instead. Obviously it was a mistake and I can probably prevent this from happening by removing the 'Delete Schedule' permission - but just wondering if was anyone to recover/restore? Thanks, Jeff.

• 2.  RE: Recovering Deleted Schedule - is it possible?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2017 12:23
    No, it is an unrecoverable action and as such we do confirm the delete request with a confirmation message asking: "Are you sure you want to delete the selected schedule?" So, besides an errant 'delete' key press and wrong window being focused, they also then clicked 'Yes' for the delete confirmation.

• 3.  RE: Recovering Deleted Schedule - is it possible?

Posted 01-18-2017 23:29
    Originally posted by JayL;34644
    No, it is an unrecoverable action and as such we do confirm the delete request with a confirmation message asking: "Are you sure you want to delete the selected schedule?" So, besides an errant 'delete' key press and wrong window being focused, they also then clicked 'Yes' for the delete confirmation.
    Thanks, I guessed as much that it was a permanent action. To be honest I don't know how the confirmation box was also pressed, but it was :) Anyway, I've ended up removing the Delete Access Control to Schedules and Forecasts except for the Master Administrator only so if they need anything deleted they can just come to me. Cheers, Jeff.

• 4.  RE: Recovering Deleted Schedule - is it possible?

Posted 01-15-2021 07:56
    Even though the schedules are STILL on the server and I can't delete the associated forecast because it is tied to those schedules?  That seems odd.  So what is the rationale for keeping the data on the server?

Or is our instance just not working right?​

------------------------------
    Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

• 5.  RE: Recovering Deleted Schedule - is it possible?

Posted 01-15-2021 07:58
    I guess it's not just my instance, other users have experienced the same thing:

https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=55&MessageKey=e1ffb6e7-221d-438a-be14-0764737165c0&CommunityKey=cf214c8f-5206-4010-9b2c-2085cbd65a44&tab=digestviewer

Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources