PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Migrator no progress on import

Posted 07-02-2018 17:04
    Hello,

I have a test environment created and I am trying to import our live config via IC Migrator for further testing but I am getting hung up on the actual import.  My progress bar will not move and just says "Working....."  I am using migrator_tr.pdf as my main resource for doing this and I have followed the steps required such as turning off the CIC service and importing from a an external drive onto another drive that does not contain the IC install.

I figured I'd ask on here before submitting a ticket as many of you may have ran into this in the past.  Thanks for any help as always.

------------------------------
    Thomas Maher

• 2.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2018 17:15
    Before calling Customer Care, I'd look at the Migrator trace log to see if migrator is actually doing anything, or where it got stuck if there is an error or warning.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

Posted 07-03-2018 13:39
    It ended up being an issue with the media server license.  I reloaded it and the import went through okay.  We locked down the test server via IP sec policy and I noticed that I can't get into the local host media server nor can I get into IC admin, I get a login screen now.  The username input is the CIC service account but it won't accept the password or local host server name.  I'm thinking I have to allow more core servers (already have both AD servers for example) to proceed on the test server but I'm not sure what else needs to be added.  Any idea what else needs to be added to the allowed list to get past the login prompts?

Thomas Maher
    Health OutSourcing Networks

• 4.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 14:09
    The login for Interaction Administrator is an IC username and password (same as the voicemail password), not the AD service account login.

Is the Interaction Center service definitely running on your test server? No errors in the Microsoft Application Event log?

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

Posted 07-03-2018 14:32
    Edited by Thomas Maher 07-03-2018 14:38
    I get a warning notification when I try to start that service.  "The Interaction Center service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I get the same when changing the Log on of the service from This account to Local System account.  I restarted the server and the service is stopped by default even when set to Automatic startup type.  Going to dig through logs and see if I can figure it out.

I see in the logs,

The IC system is shutting down because the following subsystem(s) failed to initialize: Notifier

And

Notifier Failed to Initialize Kerberos security methods. Defaulting to NTLM. (To Enable Kerberos, run "SetSpn -A XicNotifier/ServerNetBiosAndOrFQDN domain\XicUserAccount)". This is only a warning because NTLM authentication will continue to work, and may be secure for most customers requirements. Use of Kerberos is considered more secure and is the preferred authentication mechanism for Interactive Intelligence products.

Thomas Maher

• 6.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 15:54
    The Kerberos message has nothing to do with the failure to start. That always shows unless you have actually set up Kerberos.

It is not a good idea to chance the service account settings in the Services panel, as certain account information is registered in DCOM and other places when Interaction Center is installed, and changing the service account breaks it.

You will need to run Setup Assistant on the IC server while logged onto the machine as the IC service account user, and run the Identity option in Setup Assistant to fix it. That's the first thing to do before troubleshooting further.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

Posted 07-03-2018 16:16
    Setup Assistant times out and closes when I attempt to run the identity portion.

"Your connection to the server went away."  Setup assistant will now exit"  It was stuck on connecting to notifier'  I'm still leaning towards IP sec being the cause but I'm looking through logs again.

Thomas Maher

• 8.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 16:55
    What errors are you seeing in the notifier trace log?

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Interaction Migrator no progress on import

Posted 07-03-2018 17:48
    I see a few of these in a row.  Test server = Cabbage

NotifierServer::OnCheckClientPings_ts() : Have not heard from Subsystem[REMOCO, ], on cabbage in cabbage, [6014008262197248 ,10658], SN (0CABBA) since 2018-07-03 16:20:06.3162888. Next missed message, the connection will be terminated

Some of these

ClientSocket::on_ssl_read_complete() : Subsystem[HttpPluginHostServer, CABBAGE_smwebsockettunnelpluginhost], on cabbage in cabbage, [6014008262197248 ,10659], SN (0CABBA) shut down with errorCode = 121 and
    ErrorCode: error.errno.121
    Description: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
    Hostname: CABBAGE
    Function: ClientSocket::on_ssl_read_complete()
    File(Line): //core/2016r3_p02/int/src/notifier/server/socket_client.cpp#1(704)
    Parameters: 'errno' => "121". Dropping connection

ClientSocket::drop_dead() : Client Connection [6014008262197248 ,10659] with state Active has died.

And some of these

ClientSocket::post_async_write() : Subsystem[HttpPluginHostServer, CABBAGE], on cabbage in cabbage, [6014008262197248 ,10660], SN (0CABBA) failed with
    ErrorCode: error.notifier.connection.unknownError
    Description: m_AsyncStream.initiate_write()
    Function: ClientSocket::post_async_write()
    File(Line): //core/2016r3_p02/int/src/notifier/server/socket_client.cpp#1(642)
    Parameters:
    Nested:
    ErrorCode: error.errno.ECONNRESET
    Description: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    Function: ClientSocket::post_async_write()
    File(Line): //core/2016r3_p02/int/src/notifier/server/socket_client.cpp#1(638)
    Parameters: 'errno' => "10054"

[Context Attribute 'NOTIFIER Connection']: 10660

Thomas Maher
    Health OutSourcing Networks

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources