PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-09-2019 11:08
    Hi Genesys Community,

I had faced a problem in pureconnect.
    ex1: when the agent login in the interaction connect the status was "Available".
    then if the agent makes logout the status still "Available".

when the agent login and the status "Available" and change it manually "Gone Home" make log out.
    then if the agent makes login the status will be "Gone Home".
    the agent must change the status to "Available" to receive the interaction.

what I am asking is, we need when the agent makes login the status change automatic to "Available" and when to make logout the status will change automatic to "Gone Home".

please help me, if there is a configuration or any tool like handler or handler name that make this function.

Thanks,
    Andrew Adel
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-09-2019 11:45
    Andrew,

Out of the box the system won't change statuses automatically but you could probably modify the system to obtain this functionality. I believe you can catch logout and login events in handlers and it would be easy enough to change agent's statuses on these events.

Alternately all status messages have a setting called "Status is Persistent" which allows the status to stay active when the user logs out of the client. I attached the full contents of the help file below. I haven't tested this but if you set gone home to persistent and clear the persistent setting in all other statuses then if the user logs out they will revert back to the last used persistent status which would be gone home. Obviously this may cause other issues if you have business users in the system which may want to use other statuses such as on vacation. I don't think this option would work that well but it may fulfill your requirements without having to write handlers.

Status is Persistent
    Select this check box if the status message can persist when the agent logs out of CIC (for example, exits a CIC client). For example, status messages like "On Vacation" should have this attribute.

Clear this check box if the status should not persist after a user logs out of CIC while the status is selected. If a user logs out of CIC with such a status, the user's status is automatically set to the last persistent status message used.

Note: In Interaction Administrator, you can change an agent's current status to another status only if the current status is persistent.

​

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-09-2019 12:47
    I can give you half of your solution out of the box ;-)

Each Status has a setting "Status is Persistant" which means that when the Agent logs out, they remain in that Status. If you remove that setting, then they will be changed to their last persistant Status.

So, if you remove that flag from "Available", when they log out, they won't be "Available" any more....

• 4.  RE: Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-17-2019 07:52
    Hi All,
    thanks for your help,

i had another quesiton,
    can we make status "At training session " not allowed to the agent to select it but the supervisor can select it to the agent?

Andrew Adel

• 5.  RE: Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-17-2019 16:01
    Andrew,

One of the properties of a Status is "User Selectable". If you remove this from the Status, then it won't show up in the User's list of available statuses, However, providing the Status has the property of "Persistant", then they can be placed into that status by another user with appropriate security rights. (I just tested this out on a 2018R1 system to be sure).

I hope this helps.

• 6.  RE: Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-18-2019 18:09
    Hi, Paul thanks for your support,

I did what you told me but I faced the same issue.

the supervisors can't control any status didn't appear in front of the agent (means that it must be "user selectable").

Andrew Adel

• 7.  RE: Agent status (login & logout)

Posted 05-20-2019 10:36
    That's strange, it worked fine on my Lab system.

Are you sure the status is marked as "Persistent"? That's the one that usually gets you....

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources