PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IceLib - User Locations

Posted 11-27-2018 15:45
    How do I get the Location for a User? I tried using UserConfiguration.PersonalInformation.OfficeLocation.Value, but that just retrieves the Address of the User. I need thew Location as shown in the User display in Interaction Administrator.
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Greg Walters

• 2.  RE: IceLib - User Locations

Posted 11-30-2018 10:59
    @Paul Simpson Maybe the IceLib teacher can point out the answer to this.  I dug through the SDK and couldn't find any references to Location that related the configured items in the location to a location.​

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: IceLib - User Locations

Posted 11-30-2018 13:23
    Ok,

So an initial scan through would suggest that this information isn't exposed through ICELib. The property you have referenced actually comes from the Personal Info tab of the User Object, which in turn is typically populated from Exchange.

I'm doing some research to see if I can figure out a way to achieve this.

• 4.  RE: IceLib - User Locations

Posted 11-30-2018 13:30
    If it's not exposed in IceLib, perhaps use custom notifications to use a handler to get the value from directory services, since it is on the user key, and then have the handler send a notification back.

Or it does appear in the ICWS documentation...

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: IceLib - User Locations

Posted 11-30-2018 14:20
    I just finished writng an app and Handler to do just that!

One catch is that if the user is in the default location, then the key doesn't exist for the user, so the lookup fails (which you can detect and then use to form the response)

I haen't looked to see if ICWS can do this.

I am, however, curious as to the use case. Always helpful to have real-world examples!

• 6.  RE: IceLib - User Locations

Posted 12-03-2018 13:18
    Thanks for the insights!

The use case is the customer has an app with a grid showing all of the users. They want one of the columns to show the user's location, as defined in Interaction Administrator. The grid is populated from a SQL table that pulls the user data from PureConnect via IceLib.

Greg Walters
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: IceLib - User Locations

GENESYS
    Posted 12-04-2018 02:27
    If you're able to use ICWS rather than IceLib, it provides the location property on /configuration/users endpoints.

Sam Johnson
    Genesys - Senior PS Consultant
    This message reflects my personal experience and does not necessarily constitute a Genesys best practice or official statement.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources