PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Record File

Posted 04-30-2019 00:33
    Hi team,

I have requirement where i have to create the 2 handler . First one   is customer facing IVR, it play the some custom message and some menu options to customer.  Second Handler is for business people to call the IVR and record the custom message . This custom message recorded by the business will be used the First handler to play back to customer. My question is while first handler  playing the custom message to customer ,if business people calls the second handler record their message ,what will happen? will it overwrite the audio file or it will through an error saying that file is locked by First Handler  as it is currently  getting played to customer?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Halesha Nagarajappa
    Accenture Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Record File

Posted 04-30-2019 10:17
    My understanding is that the media server caches the audio files to avoid errors in this type of situation.  In a quick test in our development environment, I set up a simple attendant profile that just played a 1 minute audio file.  While that file was playing back on a call I had placed, I copied over the file with a different file with the same name.

There was no impact on playback and the next call pulled the new file.  This isn't exactly the same as your scenario, but you could certainly test in the same manner that I did with your handler you are using to record the file yourself.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Record File

Posted 04-30-2019 10:49
    As Aaron mentioned the media servers cache wav files so if they are in flight you should be ok. If you are really concerned about this you could use semaphore locks on both sides of the IVR so if the customer is currently listening to the recording the recording will not be replaced and if the recording is currently being updated it will make the customer wait until the update completes. I think this may be overkill though in your situation. A simple Record file step to save the file and a play audio file will work well for you. I've set up plenty of IVRs like this in the past for emergency messaging and what not and I have never ran into an issue where the caller was calling in at the same time the file was being replaced.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources