PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Switchover TS Failure Retry Delay

Posted 07-13-2018 11:21
    Hello,

We recently had a problem where we lost connectivity briefly between our two DCs (each DC hosts one of the switchover clusters of CIC, Media, and SQL server). As soon as the main link went down a switch was initiated, which caused other problems I won't get into here.

Anyway, our Network has an IPsec failover tunnel between the sites, but it takes about 2 minutes to fail over when the main link goes down. So I want to set the value of Switchover TS Failure Retry Delay to 180 seconds, so that it won't force a switchover if the main link goes down.

Is this the correct parameter to use, and is there a maximum value allowed?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    James Imbrogno
    Polycom - Global Call Center

• 2.  RE: Switchover TS Failure Retry Delay

Posted 07-13-2018 11:31
    James,

There are a handful of Switchover parameters, you may consider reviewing the Switchover TR to get a better idea of how they work, but i can recommend a few changes:

Switchover TS Failure Retry Delay is the amount of time the system will wait before sending a follow up ping after the first one fails.  this could get you what you want, but will delay a legitimate switchover by 180 seconds at least.  depending on how many TS pings you are performing, this could be longer.  I would recommend keeping this low, like 5 seconds.

What would help you is the Switchover Reconnect Timeout.  When a failure scenario is encountered, the system will enter a reconnecting state.  by default, this is 30 seconds.  you can increase this number to 180 seconds and if the servers regain connectivity during that period no switchover will occur.  

There are a lot of parameters to tweak Switchover behavior and if you would like to talk further, i would be happy to make some recommendations after understanding your environment.

Thanks,

Josh Davis
    Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Switchover TS Failure Retry Delay

Posted 07-13-2018 15:09
    ​Thanks Josh, much appreciated!

James Imbrogno
    Polycom - Global Call Center

• 4.  RE: Switchover TS Failure Retry Delay

Posted 07-14-2018 18:13
    James,

I'm not sure if you have read the Technical Reference for Switchover, but in case you haven't I suggest having a look at pages 75-78 of this document ;-)

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/automated_switchover_system_tr.pdf

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources