PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 07:02
    We are trying to access voicemails via our deskphone but running in to an error.

We have given the user 'All' rights under TUI Classifications. The MWI flashes and we can see we have a new voicemail, but get an error when we try to access it "I'm sorry, there are no available lines to complete your call".

Is this a security access issue or any other setting I am missing?

Thanks,
    Marian
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 07:34
    Sorry if this is obvious but my first thought was: Have you changed "ACD Access LIcense" to "Media 3 Plus".
    Also, under the ACD tab, have you amended Utilization to allow Email (I think Voicemails go in the system as emails where the voicemail is an attachment to allow listening?).

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 3.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 09:19
    Hi Philip,
    Thanks very much for the suggestions.
    Just checked both settings you mentioned and still getting the error when trying to listen to the voicemail via the telephone - "I'm sorry, there are no available lines to complete your call".

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 09:36
    Ok,
    Can you place calls normally from the phone?
    What (exactly) are you dialing from the phone?
    Can you access VM via the TUI from an outside phone?

Since this isn't part of the ACD subsystem, this shouldn't be an ACD license issue.

• 5.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 10:30
    We have inbound & outbound calls working fine.
    The issue is when the agent has a voicemail, we cannot access the voicemail from the desk phone.
    We don't want to listen the voicemail via email or the client...just need to access the voicemail via the phone itself.

When we click "Messages" button on the phone, we can see there is 1 voicemail there but when we click to listen to it is when we get the error.

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 6.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 10:50

Has this ever worked before or is this your first time trying to implement this?

In interaction administrator, in the server container under configuration > telephony parameters > sip, there is a setting to set the TUI Voicemail access number.
    IA Help Screenshot
    There's still some configuration on the phone side as well.  Additionally, if you just dial the number you have set up for your TUI access, does that work?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 7.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-01-2019 11:34
    Adding to Aaron's comments.

From the Phone, try Dialing "*". This should take you to the default profile in Attendant. From there, you should be able to do the whole "99<User Extension><User PIN>" thing (or whatever it is, if you have changed it)

The problem (as far as I can see) with the message button is that to access VM via the TUI, you need to supply the user extension and PIN and you (probably) wouldn't want to hard-code those to the phones.

I'm sure there is a solution, but I'll have to dig to find out the whole thing.

• 8.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-05-2019 11:39
    Thanks for the suggestions. 
    This is the first time we are setting up the TUI voicemail. We are setting up FBMC, so need users to be able to access their VM from the deskphones.
    Leaving the "Message Button" field blank under server configuration > telephony parameters > sip. 
    Also tried dialing the * 99 , but this leads to unified messaging which is not enabled for us

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 9.  RE: Acccess voicemail from TUI

Posted 02-05-2019 12:20
    I've never played with Interaction Message Store, but I believe you should still be able to access your voicemail from the client (you should be able to add a view).

Can you see if that works? (I appreciate it may not be how you want the solution to work, but let's just see if we can get Voicemail to play somehow....!_

I know the prompt with *99 says Unified Messaging and you don't have full UM, but will it allow you to retrieve your voicemails, or do you get an error? There are some security settings you may need to play with.

If I get a chance, I will try to set this up in a Lab to see if I can figure it out. In the meantime, you might want to open a Support Ticket.

I'm sure, between us, we'll get there!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources