PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-13-2019 21:51
    Fellow community Members,

I am currently using PureConnect 2018 R1 on premise based setup.
    Overview of current architecture is as  follows:

1. PSTN lines from service provider coming to Audio-code gateway.
    2. Gateways lines are connected to SIP proxy, running on Media servers.
    3. Using Switch-Over pair of CIC servers, having 100 % call recording with inbound & outbound features with OSSM in place.
    4. Dedicated RCS servers for processing recordings & storing them to dedicated storage.

I am looking for best practices/design options followed for migrating on-prem setup to cloud - preferably to AWS as PureCloud is not suitable for our need.

Kindly suggest if you have some options to achieve the same.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Subhash Srivastava

• 2.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-14-2019 13:10
    Have you looked at PureConnect Cloud (formerly CaaS)?

I haven't heard of anyone hosting PureConnect in AWS (not saying it can't be done, just not something I've heard of).

• 3.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-14-2019 23:01
    Thanks Paul.

Yes, I have checked PureConnect Cloud, its PureConnect implementation using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) hosted under Genesys DC'.
    I was looking for some information on hosting it to AWS.

However, I don't think that option is certified by Genesys yet.

Subhash Srivastava
    Shinsei Bank, Limited

• 4.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-15-2019 09:49
    In our review of possible use of Microsoft Azure to host PureConnect, one of the big factors is the inability to control VM mobility. These providers will, at their discretion, move VM's around to meet needs and requirements for maintenance and load balancing. When this happens, it will most often change the CPU ID causing the HostID for PureConnect licensing to change. This will require new license files to be created continuously as you restart servers.

Additionally, there are restrictions on how the VM's are configured to allow proper resource reservations. These may vary based on the provider and the subscription level but is a critical factor to consider.

At this point it's really up to you to test and validate with your proposed provider and setup.

Thanks

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 5.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-17-2019 20:20
    Thanks Chris.

Subhash Srivastava
    Shinsei Bank, Limited

• 6.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-15-2019 14:11
    Edited by Paul Simpson 02-15-2019 14:11
    Subhash,

What are you trying to achieve that cannot be done using either on-premise, PureConnect Cloud (CaaS) or PureCloud?

As has been mentioned elsewhere, going down the AWS route with PureConnect is likely to cause problems with things like licensing. Also, you need to consider both Bandwidth and Latency issues. (You don't indicate if you plan to move only your IC servers or other resources as well. Even if you fix the network issues, AWS is a virtulization platform, which isn't suppoerted (or even allowed without a special license) for Media Servers.

PureConnect Cloud has been designed as a solution to allow you to use PureConnect without actually hosting the servers (i.e putting them in the cloud) so doing what you are suggesting is simply trying to re-invent the wheel in the respect. I do know that there were many challenges that needed to be overcome initially and you would face those challenges too. You would, however, still be responsible for the maintenance of the Software (and probably not get support in doing so.) Going for official Cloud solution provides the benefit of no longer having that concern.

I'm sorry I can't offer any positive advice or support, but I honestly think that attempting to move a production enviroment to AWS in this way would lead to a lot of cost, pain and suffering.

Of course, these are my personal opinions and you may get a different view from your Partner (or, if you are a direct customr, from our support folks) although I somehow doubt it.

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 7.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-17-2019 20:21
    Edited by Subhash Srivastava 02-17-2019 20:22
    Thanks Paul.

Subhash Srivastava
    Shinsei Bank, Limited

• 8.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-15-2019 10:25
    Subhash,

To the best of my knowledge Genesys does not certify any hosted solutions such as AWS or Microsoft Azure. I can tell you that I have installed non-prod servers in AWS and for the limited amount of calls I have pushed through them it does work. If you run into any issue which could remotely be server related and you open an incident with Genesys they will not provide any support. Personally I wouldn't want to try this with a production server in case there are any sorts of issues I would hate to have no support.

I can tell you that I have seen the Genesys CaaS setup and it should give you what you are looking for. They can do different typologies depending on how much of the infrastructure you want in your environment. Alternately there are VARs out there (mine does it) which offers a hosted solution similar to CaaS if you don't want Genesys to host the platform for you.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 9.  RE: Migration from PureConect - Premise based setup to AWS

Posted 02-17-2019 20:23
    Thanks Mark

Subhash Srivastava
    Shinsei Bank, Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources