View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Chat window closes automatically

• 1.  Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-15-2018 16:29

Hi,
    We use CIC 2017 R4.
    When a client initiate web chat and our agent pick up the interaction, a chat pop-up window opens in the Interaction Desktop, so the agent can chat. When the client disconnects the web session on his end, the agent's chat window closes immediately. Our agents have need to copy the chat text to a case ticket after the chat ends but since the chat window closes immediately after client exited web session, they do not have time to copy the chat dialog.

Is there a way to delay chat window closure in Interaction Desktop after the client ends web session on his end?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Tiho

• 2.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-16-2018 07:43

Hello Tihomire, (Здраво Тихомире)

in interaction Desktop chat window is closed after the interaction is removed from Queue in Interaction Desktop.
    You should check  the settings on your system.

Regards
    RASKO

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 3.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-16-2018 09:15
    Edited by Tihomir Serbic 10-16-2018 09:31

Thank you Rasko! I did check the global system configurations in Interaction Administrator and I did not find any module or system parameter that I could use to delay the chat pop-up window after the chat session ends by remote user exiting the session. I did not find anything about this in the Administrator help either. I am not sure if this is possible or not, but if it is,any idea where to look at?

Thank you,

Tihomir

• 4.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 12:00
    Interaction deallocation time is set to 2 minutes by default, so the chat should remain in Interaction Desktop for that amount of time once disconnected unless this has been changed. If it is immediately disappearing, check the client setting "Hide disconnected interactions" in the General section.

Sam Johnson
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-16-2018 12:17

Thank you Sam! The "Hide disconnected interactions" checkbox in the Interaction Administrator client configuration template has already been unchecked as it is in my Interaction Desktop client so that does not seem to have any effect on the chat pop-up window.

Regards,

TIhomir

• 6.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 13:06
    Edited by Sam Johnson 10-16-2018 16:05
    Is the attribute Eic_DeallocationTime set on the chat interaction to something near zero?

Sam Johnson
    Genesys - Senior PS Consultant
    This message reflects my personal experience and does not necessarily constitute a Genesys best practice or official statement.

• 7.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-16-2018 14:19

Sam,

I could not find that info. Where should I look at to find the Eic_DeallocationTime attribute value?

Thank you,

• 8.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 16:04
    This value would only be changed as part of a customization. If you are not aware of this attribute then it is likely that it has not been changed. Sorry, I am not aware of other reasons that could cause this to happen. I am seeing the expected behavior (chat window remains open for 2 minutes) on my 2018 R2 lab environment.

Sam Johnson
    Genesys - Senior PS Consultant
    This message reflects my personal experience and does not necessarily constitute a Genesys best practice or official statement.

• 9.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-17-2018 09:41
    Edited by Tihomir Serbic 10-17-2018 09:42

Thank you very much Sam. We indeed use some custom handlers customized for us by a vendor. a Genesys partner. I did open them in designer and searched but could not find a reference on "EIC_DeallocatiionTime" attribute but granted, I have no working knowledge with handlers.I was hopping that this could be something that I could configure in CIC through the Administrator.

Thank you again,

TIhomir

• 10.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 10-17-2018 16:01
    TIhomir

We are preparing to upgrade to 2018 R3 P5 and our testing we are experiencing the same issue, but What I have discovered is we are using Wrap Up Codes, When I disable Wrap Up Codes, the chat window does NOT automatically / instantly close.  Opening a ticket with Gensys via out Partner

Pete Schroeder
    Director of IT Services
    TMP Direct LLC DBA TMP Direct

• 11.  RE: Chat window closes automatically

Posted 11-01-2018 09:06
    Thank you very much for pitching in Pete. We do use wrap-up codes and it did cross my mind that could be related since at about the same moment the wrap-up code window pops up, the chat window disappears. That started after we upgraded to CIC 2017 R4. If that is a bug in the product I wonder how long it will take for Genesys to address the issue?

Tihomir

• 12.  RE: Chat window closes automatically
    Best Answer

Posted 01-24-2019 15:03

My support vendor reached to Genesys support and after providing various logs and video recording the Genesys engineers advised that the Chat Window actually does not close or disappear but rather, when Wrap-Up window pops up it minimizes into Interaction Desktop icon on the taskbar where open applications shows.

You just need to hover over the Interaction Desktop icon in the taskbar and it will show both application instances, Interaction Desktop and still open Chat Window.

I verified and confirmed this behavior.

By default, the Chat Window will close 2 minutes after disconnect was initiated.

Tihomir Serbic

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources