PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 08-31-2018 16:08
    HI All,

Have some questions for people who already have Interaction Connect Deployed as i am getting ready to deploy it in our network.

1 - If you have multiple Sites are you setting up a Webserver at each site, or just have one?
     2 - How do you handle High Availability/DR 

In our setup we have 2 Sites, with a CIC server at each site for DR. i am thinking for Interaction Connect we will need 2 Webservers (1 at each site) and then have DNS pointed at a Load balance VIP to determine which Web server to connect too.

Thank You,

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 09-02-2018 04:17
    ​Hi Scott,

I have implemented Interaction Connect recently and we also use two sites for DR purpose.

We have two IIS servers on both sites both setup to connect to the primary CIC server and also configured to automatically connect to the backup CIC server if we switch. Currently we are running off our backup server but did not need to change anything on IIS servers.
    If you check the 'web application setup' document page 23 (Application Configuration), you can setup servers.json to tell them which one is the primary server and which is the secondary and this json should automatically connect to the correct server.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 09-03-2018 11:10
    Hi Vineet Kakroo

Thanks for this important information 

but <g class="gr_ gr_295 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="295" data-gr-id="295">i</g> need your help to make this steps as I create the file (Servers.json) and <g class="gr_ gr_297 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="297" data-gr-id="297">i</g> put on it the main server and the backup server

and then found that it must create this files (client/lib , client/<g class="gr_ gr_290 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="290" data-gr-id="290">addins</g> ,client/config , client/index.html , client/appsettings.json)
    the question is where and how <g class="gr_ gr_293 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="293" data-gr-id="293">i</g> can create this files?

if there <g class="gr_ gr_363 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="363" data-gr-id="363">is</g> any other steps please let me know
    <g class="gr_ gr_375 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="375" data-gr-id="375">i</g> need to make this scenario. 

thanks for your help

Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 09-04-2018 04:59
    Hi Andrew,

You don't have to create them, they should be already there provided you have followed all the steps on this document from start. Page 4 & 5 show how to create and copy the web application files and if this is done correctly all files/folders will be there.
    The only folder that you would need to create is the "config" folder under each of the application that you want to connect to via the browser. This folder is created in the same path as your web application (page 4 & 5).

Repeat the steps on both the IIS servers that you want to setup Interaction Connect on and then set the servers.json file as mentioned in the document in the correct folder..

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 09-04-2018 07:39
    Edited by Scott Williams 09-04-2018 07:39
    Hi Vineet,

That is good information and I do have failed over working in my Dev environment use Servers.JSON file. My question was more around if i have a site that is pointed to the local Interaction Connect server at that server goes down, i will need the Interaction Connect to connect to the IIS server at the remote site. I don't see any documentation from Genesys on best practice to set this up.

This is one area Interaction Desktop is still better than Interaction Connect as interaction Desktop doesn't have a Single Point of Failure. Even if you only have 1 site you have 2 CIC servers if one goes down your Interaction Desktop will automatically connect to the other CIC server. But with interaction Connect its different, you are going through a IIS server and should it go down, your agents are down until you get it backup.

Since Genesys doesn't have any documentation on how to have a redundancy setup for the Interaction Connect Server, i am looking how people get around it. My initial thought is to have the DNS for URL of Interaction Connect pointed to a VIP on our Load Balance and the Load Balance will identify if one of the IIS servers are down and direct traffic to the other IIS server.

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 09-04-2018 08:02
    Hi Scott,

The way I have setup our IIS servers is exactly as mentioned in the web application document.
    My server.json looks like below;

{
    "version": 1,
    "servers": [
    { "host": "PRIMARY SERVER FQDN", "displayName": "Production", "altHostHints": "BACKUP SERVER FQDN" }
    ]
    }

This json works and the Interaction Connect does resolve the server names automatically without any external intervention.

As mentioned in one of the previous posts, we are currently running from our Backup Server and Interaction Connect also connects to it without any config changes. We have switched between Primary & Backup many times before and never had to change anything on the IIS servers.

Both my IIS servers have the same config.json file and if we connect to any Interaction Connect URL, it connects to the correct CIC server.

Hope this helps.

Yes I agree if IIS Server goes down you wont be able to connect to calls, but you can always use the second IIS URL to connect. Both our IIS URL's are production ready and can be used any time and even if one goes down the other should be running while you get the first one back.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect - Availablity/multiple Sites

Posted 09-04-2018 09:05
    Ahh so you have 2 different URL's configured and Agents know if one doesn't connect to use the other. That might work for my situations and be less work then configuring VIP's and routing DNS to them.

Thank you!

Scott Williams

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources