PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 08-07-2018 10:59
    Dears , 

I need your help to configure the following:

We have contact list , Records are imported to to the contact list and Agentless Campaign start to dial.
    Dialer maximum calls set to 35 simultaneous calls , so at certain time dialer will call 35 concurrent calls.

What i need to do is to configure the dialer to check the 35 calls before calling them and if there is a phone number repeated at different records , dialer has to call it once and pause calling the other records.
    Once this call finished , dialer starts to call the other record for this number and  so on.

Example:

For appointment system , Customer can book different appointments using the phone same number for his appointment and his family appointments.

So at Dialer Contact List we have the following:
    • Appointment 1 >> Phone number: 0123456789
    • Appointment 2 >> Phone number: 0123456789
    • Appointment 3 >> Phone number: 0123456789

So , if dialer started to dial the 35 calls and these 3 appointments are within the 35 Calls , dialer will call of them at the same time.

What i need to do is configure the dialer for the repeated phone number is to call only appointment 1 phone number and pause the others.
    Once this call is finished , dialer starts to call the appointment 2 on the same number and  so on.

For appointments with different phone numbers , we don't have any issue dialer call all of them at the same time ..

Do you have any thoughts how to configure it ?

Thanks Guys ..

------------------------------
    Aly Nofal
    System Engineer
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 08-12-2018 12:23
    Hello Guys , 

Any thoughts here please ?!

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

• 3.  RE: Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 08-13-2018 02:20
    Hi;

-Create a temp table
    -First create a pre-call policy handler
       -create 2 column at temp table. We will write phone number and status to this table. If we are calling status will be 1.
       -Create a store procedure , this sp first check if this number already in the table and what is the status . If status is 1 this policy will skip the call. If number exist but status is 0 , change status to 1. If number do not exist, this sp will insert the number and insert status as 1.

-Create a disposition policy
       -After dial, convert status at tempt table to 0.

My suggestion , delete all the records after work hours and create an index.

Thanks
    Regards

A.Erşah guneykaya
    CMC ILETISIM VE CAGRI MERKEZI HIZIMETLERI A.S.

• 4.  RE: Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 08-29-2018 13:27
    Nice idea, but unfortunately, this wouldn't work.

Firstly, running a stored procedure from a policy is only available as a behavior, so you can't use any kind of return value to affect the dialing.
    Secondly, it is only available in a Disposition policy, not pre-call.
    Now, you could do it with a handler that class the SP then sets a call attribute, which in turn is examined by a second pre-call policy, but given the speed that Dialer is capable of, I'm betting you would run into race conditions.

I hate to pour water on the solution, but I return to my other post asking "why"? The built-in functionality should work without issue - unless I'm missing something here!

• 5.  RE: Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 08-29-2018 12:21
    Dumb, but (to me obvious) follow-up question....

Why?

If it tries to call the same number three times, it will get two busies and will try them again later (on the next recycle, by default, but you could set up an autoscheduled callback on busy if you ant it to be sooner.)

Seems to be a lot of overhead and work for something that isn't (or at least shouldn't be) a real problem. Or am I missing something here?

• 6.  RE: Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 09-03-2018 08:03
    Hello Paul , 

Thanks a lot for your response :)

You got my idea and Yes you are right with Auto schedule on busy i can get the same number to be dialed again sooner after the first two busies.
    It is a lot of headache and doesn't make sense for me , however my customer is keep asking doing it .. that's why i am trying to do it ..

Then if you can please explain more details on how can i do it , will be appreciated !

Aly Nofal
    Senior System Engineer

• 7.  RE: Dialer - Pause Campaign from Calling Same Phone Number at the Same time

Posted 09-04-2018 11:28
    Edited by Sean Walls 09-04-2018 11:56
    Seems to me that this should be taken care of in the loading of the data. Can you put a unique constraint on the phone number column of the contact list?

EDIT: I needed more coffee before replying as I missed that you still want to call the other instances of the phone number. I still believe you should store each number only once on the contact list, and reference each appointment on the contact list. I am assuming you are reading appointment details back to the customer? You could have a handler called from the auto attendant to parse appointment data and read this information back. As a customer, if I had more than one appointment, I would be annoyed if I received a separate call for each one. 

Paul's idea will work also assuming that call analysis detects a busy tone, and the caller does not have call waiting, but it would have unnecessary overhead. If you have three appointments for the same phone number and assuming a busy tone is detected, dialer will auto schedule the two busy tones N minutes out based on the settings. Dialer may then place both of those calls at the same time, and auto schedule the busy signal again. The auto scheduled callbacks setting is in the Recall Control container of the campaign. Enable Busy, and set the number of minutes to reschedule. Dialer will auto schedule those detections, and place calls automatically at the scheduled time. 

Sean Walls
    Diamond Resorts Centralized Services Co.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources