PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 09:32
    Dear Team,

i want to capture the caller phone number or unique contact id in the auto attendant and then update the fields for that particular record using DB query or remote data query.

would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Mallesh
    CSI

• 2.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 09:43
    Can you explain more this database you are trying to update? Is this a dialer contact list table, a custom reporting table, or the built in InteractionSummary table? It seems like you are trying to insert records into your dialer contact list based on inbound calls. Would this be JIT calling or standard calling? Dialer does have a web service you can use for inserting contact records and I suspect that would be your best option for this as it ensures all of the supporting columns get updated with the correct values as well.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 09:47
    If I understand you correctly, you want to have a pointer to your contact list record while the call is in outbound attendant so you can pass values back into the contact record.

You could use policy sets to set attributes on the outbound call from your contact list.  From there, it's just using that attribute in your outbound attendant to do what you'd like regarding the DB, either with attendant itself or with custom handlers depending on the complexity of your operations.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 4.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 09:54
    Thanks Mark and Aaron for the response.

Aaron,  you are right. I want to update the field in the existing contact list.

for example. the call that is connected i want to send an SMS using remote data query. for me to do that i need the contact number of the call connected. i want to do that this using the attendant if possible.

Thanks

Mallesh
    CSI

• 5.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 10:10
    Are you trying to get an alternate number from your contact list aside from the one you've actually contacted them on for your SMS?  If not, why not just pull the attribute directly from the interaction, since you've already used the contact number to make the call that put the caller into outbound attendant?

If you do want to pull an alternate number, than use a policy set (under "Advanced" > "Policy Sets" and assigned under "Automation" on the campaign) to set an attribute value on your outbound interaction that contains the SMS contact number from your contact list.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 6.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 10:56
    i dont want to send sms on the altername number. i rather want to send SMS on the connected number.

can we do it through policy set attributes?

Thanks

Mallesh
    CSI

• 7.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 11:31
    You'll have to forgive me, we're not using SMS yet in any of the environments that I support.  Are you just intending to send the SMS via a custom handler during the outbound attendant process, or is this something you're scheduling to happen at a later time?

If you're just making the SMS via a handler call during the connected outbound call, I think you're overthinking this.  You should be able to pull the connected phone number from attributes on the connected interaction (look at the attribute_tr on the knowledge site, there are a few that can show different formatted versions of the number) and then use that to launch your handler to send the SMS.

If you need specific values from you dialer contact record to construct the SMS, then you can use policy sets to assign those to attributes and pull those into your handler sending SMS.

Anything beyond that is outside of the scope of assistance that I can offer, unfortunately.  I hope that in the end this helps you.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 8.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-27-2018 11:37
    Thanks Aaron. i think got the idea now. will try implementing it and share the feedback.

FYI i am using a web service via remote data query to send the SMS to the connected numbers.

i will map the attributes in the policy sets and try to use that attributes in the outbound auto attendant.

Thanks

Mallesh
    CSI

• 9.  RE: capture outbound table fields in outbound attendant

Posted 11-28-2018 09:24
    There is a Campaign setting "Copy Dialer Attributes to Call Attributes" which takes all the fields from the contact record and adds them to the call object.
    This really helps avoid lots of fiddly messing around with policies! We use it in class for the lab where we customize a message for an agentless reminders campaign that is using Attendant.

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources