PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callback Requests Offered Based on Customer Time Zone

Posted 12-07-2018 09:44

Is there a way to get the customer's time zone to determine if we should offer a callback request or not?  We shut off callback requests at 7 PM  Central Time but we would like to have the ability to offer a callback request for a customer on the west coast until 7 PM Pacific Time while still not offering callback requests to an east coast customer after 7 PM Eastern Time.  I looked through Attendant and didn't see anything that could accomplish this, maybe a custom handler? 

Thanks,
    Andrew

#Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Callback Requests Offered Based on Customer Time Zone

Posted 12-07-2018 13:24
    Hey Andrew!

If you are asking what I think you are asking, then I am almost certain that this would be a Handler, yes.

The big issue you have is in determining the customer's time zone (short of straight-out asking them! We have this issue with Dialer. Yes, there are various ways you can use the customer's phone number, but the number is getting to be less and lass reliable as a way of figuring out the physical location (and therefore the time zone). Not only Mobile Phones, but with VoIP services (like Vonage et al) folks are often somewhere other than where their area code would suggest!

Naturally, if the customer is "on file" so to speak, then you may have the information stored in a database and could then simply do a data dip and use the results to determine your offering.

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources