PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-11-2019 08:19

I am looking to allow our agents, when making a non-dialer outbound call, to select which workgroup they are calling from. The reason for this is we have different ANI's for different workgroups, and  have configured on the Custom Attribute tab of the workgroup as CUSTOM:Outbound ANI. But just being in the workgroup doesn't seem to out pulse the workgroup number and believe they need to tell the system they are call out of this workgroup.

What i can't figure out is how to give the agents the options to select which workgroup that could should go out as. I have looked in documentation but haven't found anything. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

2018 R3 Patch 4.

Thank you,
     Scott
    #Outbound
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-11-2019 08:48
    We are running 2016 R3 and this has been an out of the box functionality since 4.0 (if not longer).  The agent must be in a workgroup and activated, when they place an outbound call from the client, a pop-up box gives them the option to select the workgroup to call out from.  We also ran into a situation where an agent needed to call from a particular workgroup that they are not a member of.  I created an IPA process along with a custom handler to allow the agent to select a workgroup and make an outbound call.  Let me know if you want to see more about that.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 3.  RE: Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-11-2019 08:57
    The setting to enable the workgroup selection is 'Use advanced dialing options' in Interaction Desktop.

Sean Walls

• 4.  RE: Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-11-2019 09:20
    If you want to do this more "ad-hoc" than forcing the popup on every call (and you're using interaction desktop) you can just select the workgroup icon (blue and white) next to the number in the dropdown while entering a number to dial.  This will bring up a menu to select which workgroup that you are a member of that you wish to dial on behalf of.

As an additional note, Interaction Connect has the option to "Add account codes or workgroup when dialing" in in 2018 R2, but I can't actually get it to work.  Since you're on a higher revision, that may work for you.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-11-2019 09:29
    One other thing to note is that it is not mandatory, they can dial out without selecting a work group and, if they have selected a work group, but do not change on the next call, the one previously used is default. This is a major problem for us as we have agents on one campaign working across different parts of the campaign, that bill to different parts of the client. Our only control on this is to hit agents daily if they made outbound calls without selecting a work group.

Also bear in mind that if no outbound work group is selected, the ANI presented is the default one for that line.

I have never used Account Codes, can anyone say if these are mandatory because I think account codes can be tied to a work group as well and if mandatory, forces selection (if they do it right - cynical maybe...)

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 6.  RE: Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-14-2019 10:50
    Have you looked at the advanced dialing option? That would pop a window for each outbound call and agents can select a workgroup (or not) on which behalf they're placing the call.

Eliezer Stekel

• 7.  RE: Calling Out from a workgroup

Posted 01-15-2019 02:09
    We are also using the same option [advanced dialing option] in our environment, as suggested by 'Eliezer Stekel', without any problems.
    We are on CIC2018R1.

Regards,
    Sachin

Sachin Nangia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources