PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 04-10-2019 11:28
    Is it possible to hard code or set the workgroup to a default value?  We have a group of agents that are members of multiple workgroups; when making outbound calls they don't always call on behalf of the workgroup.  I'm looking for an option to hard code the workgroup and if possible make that the default for the agent.  I know I'm going the extra mile for this last request, need to disable workgroup in <g class="gr_ gr_1268 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace gr-progress" id="1268" data-gr-id="1268">advaned</g> dialing <g class="gr_ gr_1322 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="1322" data-gr-id="1322">otptions</g> at the agent level for this group only;  so agent's don't have access to modify this value.   Is this an option?
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Cynthia Palacios
    West Revenue Generation Services

• 2.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 04-10-2019 12:33
    Cynthia,

Maybe not the cleanest solution, but if you set the relevant ANI on all of the agents, then that is the one that will be sent when they place a call.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 04-10-2019 13:01
    So the issue is with the recording initiation policy we use for this program.  Since agents are members of multiple workgroups the rule configured is based on the workgroup and not the role, which is the norm for our call center.  The problem is agent behavior.  Agents are not selecting a workgroup under advanced dialing options therefore call is not recorded. Need to come up with a solution to somehow hard code "workgoup"  on outbound calls for this program

Cynthia Palacios
    West Revenue Generation Services

• 4.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 03-02-2021 10:47
    Hi Cyntia,

I'm in the same situation you were in a while ago.

Did you finally get it?

After testing, I visualized doing debug in the "CustomInitiateCallRequest" handler, that in a call if you assign a workgroup in the advanced dialing options, in the interaction attributes the attribute "Eic_AcdWorkgroup" appears, however, if you do not select any workgroup in the advanced dialing options, this attribute does not appear.

I have modified the "CustomInitiateCallRequest" handler, tried to make a "Set Attribute" with "Call Attribute Name" = Eic_Workgroup and "Call Attribute Value" = "Name of the group I want to set", but this does not work, as this attribute is never added to the interaction.

As it asks you at the beginning, did you manage to make it work, if yes, could you clarify a little bit how you did it?

Indicate also that I have added another "Set Attribute" with the attribute "Eic_AssignedWorkgroup", thanks to this assignment in the Interaction Desktop you can see the queue to which this call is assigned (but it is only visual), really it is not assigned to any queue since as I indicated you previously I am not able to indicate the Eic_Workgroup.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.

Carlos Camacho Jimenez
    Team Vision S. A.

• 5.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 03-05-2021 09:21
    Carlos, I ran into this same thing.

You need to use the 'Change Workgroup Queue Initiator' Step in Designer/

I actually have  a hardcoded default workgroup to use, I set it up as a custom parameter on each user or I look at their WG activations for specific WG's.

But that's because different BU's here want it differently. I also look at their location to determine what logic to use etc.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 6.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 03-08-2021 03:17
    Hi Ryan,

Yes finally a few days ago doing that, but I forgot to update over here.

Although I have not yet finished with this customization, as I was doing some tests and I'm not convinced yet how it works, I'll tell you in case you can help me.

Doing tests with the modification I had done, I saw that the workgroup I wanted was assigned to all types of calls, both External and Intercom, and I wondered if there was the possibility of giving a different treatment to each of them.

I have seen that there is a custom handler through which it passes when the call is Intercom, this is the "CustomInternalCallInitiated", maybe adding here another "Change Workgroup Queue Initiator" box and indicate in this one a new group for this type of calls (internal).

How do you see it?
    How do you control this point?

Thank you for your answer, at least it makes you not feel alone :D.

Best regards.

Carlos Camacho Jimenez
    Team Vision S. A.

• 7.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 03-08-2021 08:18
    you could also look at Eic_CallType

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 8.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 03-08-2021 09:24
    Yes, this was my first attempt, to put a "Condition" box indicating if Eic_CallType = "I" to take a path and if it is equal to "E" to take another, but in the CustomInitiateCallRequest handler this attribute does not arrive, but it is valued later.

Perhaps I am overlooking something, but it is true that I tried it as you indicate, and seeing that this did not work I had seen this other possibility.

Do you currently make this differentiation between types of calls or are you indifferent?

Thanks for your answer, I'm glad to see that at least the community is still helping! ;)

Carlos Camacho Jimenez
    Team Vision S. A.

• 9.  RE: Hard coding workgroup for Advanced Dialing Options

Posted 03-08-2021 10:00
    Ok i went and looked at my CustomIniatiteCallRequest.

Here is what i do today.

First I call subroutine GetUserRegion.
    Then I do a condition off this because i only care about a subset of user assigned to 2 of the 18 locations we have.
    Then I check all the active users in WG1. If this user making the call is acitve in WG i assign WG1 as the wg to make the call out on behalf of  via the 'Change Workgroup Queue Initiator' then i set the ANI

If not then I do the same thing for WG2.

My logic has changed over the years.

But i am not looking at call type at all.

But for my scenario this user are making some outbound calls out of another webpage and they just self activate when they do that task.

I haven't looked at the full handler flow to see where you could do the call type break down, but seems like you are on the right path with:
    CustomInternalCallInitiated

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources