PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Post chat redact credit card numbers / sensitive info

Posted 11-08-2018 12:43
    Does anyone know of a way to redact sensitive info from chats after the chat has been recorded?  The customer wants the reps to be able to see the info in the chat, but not have anyone see it later. 

I've created a program that updates the text file after it has been written to disk, but that causes IR to be unable to read it.  I assume there is some hashing of the content in the SASF format.  Anyone know if it is possible to write an SASF file?  Any way to set the history during the chat?  Any way to hook into the message *BEFORE* it is redacted by the automatic process and grab the value that will be redacted?  If I could do that and set an attribute I could make that work.

Any thoughts / hints welcomed.
    #Handlers
    #Integrations
    #QualityManagement
    #Security

------------------------------
    Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services

• 2.  RE: Post chat redact credit card numbers / sensitive info

Posted 11-09-2018 09:34
    ​So the secure pause does not work on chats I was thinking that agents were using that to be honest.

Jesus Vallejo
    Conduent, LLC / Atos Global Delivery Center Mexico
    jesus.vallejo@atos.net

• 3.  RE: Post chat redact credit card numbers / sensitive info

Posted 11-12-2018 10:38
    Secure pause would work, but now you're putting a large load on the rep to remember to do that before they request the information, plus you're missing all the conversation and timing around that.  What happens if it takes the customer longer to enter or they correct themselves?  It seems fairly trivial to apply a post conversation transform to mask the sequential digits, but I don't see any way to accomplish that.

--Jason

Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services

• 4.  RE: Post chat redact credit card numbers / sensitive info

Posted 11-13-2018 10:55
    I'm not sure about your use case with chats, but we had similar problem with phone calls.  Our agents take payment via a third party payment processing system.  We have a web service that takes userid as a parameter and triggers secure pause at the IC server.  The third party system makes a call to pause on the page load that will contain the sensitive information. Then on the confirmation page (with no sensitive data), makes a call to resume recording.  In this way, the agent is not required to initiate the pause as it is done automatically upon beginning the "Take details" portion of the interaction.

Tim Cannon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources