PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

Posted 07-02-2018 11:48
    Is there a way that we can disable any outbound calls made between a certain time frame? I understand we can set the schedule up for inbound calls. I have looked through a lot of documentation, but I can't seem to find anything...

Anything would help. :)

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Katie Dodge
    North American Bancard

• 2.  RE: Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2018 12:24
    Most folks either use Zone Sets (which prevent dialing outside of acceptable hours in each defined time zone) or Pre-call Policies which examine each record before dialing to see if it should be called. 

Zone Sets is the recommended way to go. You can look the configuration up in the help (harder to get the link when on my phone).

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

Posted 07-02-2018 16:20

Where exactly "in the help" is this located?

Thanks!

Katie Dodge
    North American Bancard

• 4.  RE: Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2018 17:12
    Sorry, Katie, I know I could have been more helpful...I was on my phone and didn't want to do all the traversing of the https://help.genesys.com/ site to try and get a link.

For future reference, it usually works fairly well to go to the PureConnect link from https://help.genesys.com/, then the PureConnect Doc Library, then use the Search.

There I searched for "zone sets" to come up with https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/introduction_to_zone_sets.htm

Up a little higher in that tree it introduces the concept of Time Zone Blocking, which is what I think you are after.
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/dialer_manager_help2/desktop/contact_times_schedules_and_zone_blocking.htm

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

Posted 07-02-2018 17:26
    Thank you so much for your input. I did see these articles earlier. I wish what I was looking for was this easy. I'm not sure if there is a way, but I want to disable a certain department to not make any outbound calls between a certain time frame. Meaning just for this department, it's disabled. Is there a way to do this in the i3 (Genesys) platform?

Katie Dodge
    North American Bancard

• 6.  RE: Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2018 17:52
    My apologies again. I was looking at the keywords of "outbound" and "collections" and jumped to the conclusion that you meant an outbound Dialer campaign.

So, not, there is not a simple way to set this up. The only way I can think of to do it would be custom Handler work which would check the user associated with every outbound call, then for users who match the desired department check a Schedule (created in the Schedules container in Interaction Administrator) to see whether they are dialing outbound during a prohibited time of day, playing a message and disconnecting the call if that's the case, or letting it go on.

You'd also have to make sure they couldn't just pick up a phone where they're not logged in and call outbound, if you wanted to be really tight about it.

For someone familiar with Handlers and customizing the system it wouldn't be too hard, but it's definitely not an out-of-the-box solution.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Disable Collections Extensions during specific times

Posted 07-03-2018 08:54
    Thank you for the information! I will be opening a ticket up with our telecopartner to work with to get a Handler set up.

Thanks again!

Katie Dodge
    North American Bancard

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources