PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer Language packs

Posted 03-08-2019 16:05
    I have a customer who has purchased two language packs for Dialer (The I3_Feature_DialerLanguage_xx licnese). The licenses and software are installed, but what exactly does that get you? Is it just the ability to select languages in Attendant in case of agentless campaigns? I don't see anything in Dialer in Administrator that refers to any alternative languages or localization.
    #Outbound
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Tony Curoso
    American Telesource, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Dialer Language packs

Posted 03-09-2019 10:05
    Hi Tony,

Besides the additional system prompts that are added, which you can use through the language selection in the IVR or Attendant nodes, it adds installs to the shared install folders for apps with the GUI translated into the added languages. EG if you added Spanish into the system as 2nd language there will be added a language folder under the InteractionAttendantWav folder for that language. On the shared install folders (\I3\IC\Installs) there will be an additional install for IA, Supervisor, etc. With a Spanish user interface.

I hope that this helps?

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd.
    Seeking new opportunities due to redundancy end of January 2019.

• 3.  RE: Dialer Language packs

Posted 03-09-2019 12:05

Thanks for the information. From what you are saying, this sounds like it is not so much different from a standard Language Pack that you would install for inbound call center. I was wondering why there is a specific license and software for multiple languages in Dialer, since it does not seem to give me options for multiple languages for wav files in the campaign settings.

Tony Curoso
    Senior Operations Engineer
    ATI-Connect
    Direct: 510-923-9205
    Service Desk: 800-333-8394 Option 4
    www.ati-cti.com

• 4.  RE: Dialer Language packs

Posted 03-09-2019 12:22
    More for outbound attendant based on language

Though I might be wrong!

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd.
    Seeking new opportunities due to redundancy end of January 2019.

• 5.  RE: Dialer Language packs

Posted 03-09-2019 12:38

Got it. Thanks for the information! Seems to be a bit of a blind spot in the Dialer documentation.

Tony Curoso
    Senior Operations Engineer
    ATI-Connect
    Direct: 510-923-9205
    Service Desk: 800-333-8394 Option 4
    www.ati-cti.com

• 6.  RE: Dialer Language packs

Posted 03-11-2019 13:09
    Also, I *THINK* it allows the agents to run the client applications (Scripter.NET etc) with an interface in that language. You need to verify that though!

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources