PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-12-2019 06:54
    Hi All,

Is there a way to set a waiting message for intercom calls on Poylcom Phones?

Thanks & Regards,
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Hussein Alshamiri
    Hadef Information Technology Co.

• 2.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-23-2019 10:37
    Hussein,

Can you provide more detail as to what you are looking to accomplish? There is a function to set the MWI indicator which is normally sent to the phone after a voicemail is left. You could possibly leverage this function in a customization but I would be interested in what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-24-2019 04:27
    Hi Mark,

In fact, I was trying to let either CIC, or Poylcom Phone to play a message to the Caller when the Callee is having another call.

Thanks & Regards,

Hussein Alshamiri

• 4.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-24-2019 08:43
    You can do this in CIC. Fist disable "Enable call waiting" in the client template. So the 2nd call is routet to the busy handler. Then change the handler "CustomOfferingUserQueueBusy" eg. to play a wave-file and then hang up.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-24-2019 10:53
    As Andreas mentions this should work but I did want to add that if it is an intercom call you should be able to look in the client and see that the remote party is already on the phone. Second I haven't listened to the prompt in a while but I thought it told you in the status message that the person being called was on the phone, then again its been so long since I listened to the prompts maybe I'm mistaken on this part.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 6.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-26-2019 09:59

Hi @Andreas Tikart,

I have tried it and it's working fine on user's level, but what I'm trying to achieve exactly is on the station's level since our client is using the CIC as a PABX and there are no users, so is there any handler, a way to accomplish this !

P.S. I have tried to play with these handlers but no luck

CustomCallOfferingNonSystemQueue
    CustomStationOffHookStatus
    CustomStationOffHook

Thanks & regards,

Hussein

Hussein Alshamiri

• 7.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-26-2019 10:15
    Haye you tried to set "Phone Limits Calls Per Line Key" in Polycom advanced Options?
    Or is your Problem, that the CIC detects the busy, but the busy-handler act different as expected?

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 8.  RE: Set waiting message on Poylcom during intercom calls

Posted 04-26-2019 16:45
    As you know you can assign extension on user's level as well as on station's level, so when I place a call on user's level as shown in (Working with Custom Handler) screenshot, the "CustomOfferingUserQueueBusy" handler is working fine and I can play a prompt to the caller informing him that the callee is busy now and then hangup, but since the CIC is used as PAPX for this client there are NO users ONLY stations and when I tried to call the extension on station's level as shown in (NOT working with Custom Handler) screenshot, the call is not even hitting that handler rather it keep saying "If you know your party's extension....", so may I know what exact handler does it hit so that I can modify it to include the desired prompts.

Thanks,

Hussein

Hussein Alshamiri

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources