PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Web Tools - Change Customer Form

Posted 05-31-2019 05:17
    Hi all,

We have set up the IWT via IIS and want to gather some more information on the initial form field.
    When I click "I dont have an account", the user is prompted to enter 'Name', but I would like to add and 'Email' field here too. Is this possible?

I have searched the many javascript files provided with the default templates, but I cannot see where it is possible to add this criteria to the form.

Has anyone worked with adding extra fields to the IWB form?

Thanks,
    Marian
    #DigitalChannels
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Interaction Web Tools - Change Customer Form

Posted 06-03-2019 11:09
    You could start by looking at the UI.js file, as it contains references to all of the UI form fields.  "ui.FormFieldTypes.HomeEmail" is likely the one that you want to add to your login form.  You can likely reverse engineer the result that you want by looking at how the "ui.FormFieldTypes.Username" field is referenced throughout the script in the standard example.

Alternatively, if you aren't using the actual login credentials page and just want to collect a name and and email address, you could use the IWT example that bypasses login and create your own form that redirects to the chat page on submit with the name and email appended to the URL and then parse values with javascript and assign them to customInfo.  This becomes the attribute Eic_customInfo in the system and is mentioned a few times in the install and config guide:  https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/web_tools_dg.pdf

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Interaction Web Tools - Change Customer Form

Posted 06-05-2019 06:02
    Thanks very much for the info Aaron. Will definitely explore these 2 options.
    In the meantime, we have activated the Web Server Parameter to enable chat transcripts and activated a Recorder license and action - only thing so far is the transcript is getting sent to the associated workgroup Mailbox User email only and not the visitor or agent...anyone experienced this behaviour before?

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources