PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issue setting up 0818 phone number in Directory - Invalid Phone Number message

Posted 04-03-2019 07:45
    I need to set up a few 0818 directory entries but I am getting "Invalid Phone Number" error message

Has anyone come across this issue
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Roisin floyd
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Issue setting up 0818 phone number in Directory - Invalid Phone Number message

Posted 04-05-2019 21:14
    I'm assuming the "Invalid Phone Number" is from IC and not the telco?

Can you call these numbers manually (as opposed to using the directory)?
    What happens if you use "Simulate Call"?

At first glance, this looks like a Dial Plan / Categorization issue.

• 3.  RE: Issue setting up 0818 phone number in Directory - Invalid Phone Number message

Posted 04-08-2019 10:38
    You can dial the call manually from the Interaction desktop.

the issue is when you just try to add the number to IC Public Contacts you get that error " Invalid phone number "

It's shown as unknown on <g class="gr_ gr_131 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="131" data-gr-id="131">dial</g> plan 

if it was the dial plan I presume it should dial at <g class="gr_ gr_193 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="193" data-gr-id="193">all ?

</g>

Roisin floyd
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Issue setting up 0818 phone number in Directory - Invalid Phone Number message

Posted 04-10-2019 12:12
    Firstly, if it is showing up as "Unknown" on the Dial Plan, regardless of other issues, you need to fix that. In general, you wouldn't allow folks to dial numbers that IC can't figure out what they are!

At what point do you get "Invalid Phone Number"? When you add the entry, or when you try to use it?

If the former, then my guess (although I am not certain and am not in a position to test it right now) is that the process does run the number through the Dial Plan to categorize it and, because it's "Unknown" is refusing it. Try fixing the Dial Plan (so these numbers are not categorized as "Unknown" and see if the problem goes away.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources