PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert String to Call ID

• 1.  Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 11:20
    I currently have a base handler Dialer_RuleActionEvent that is failing on converting the string to CallID. I have an open support ticket but they can't figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it is failing. Has anyone else had this issue? I need this Callid working as I have a customization point on another handler that use the CallID to search for in Salesforce.

------------------------------
    Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Financial Engines, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 12:54
    Hello Sheldon , 
    Good Day !

What i can understand here that you need to get the Call_ID and pass it to salesforce for some kind of integration ? right ?
    Convert the Call_ID to String ? 

Please share some details about your issue and which step you are using to do such conversion ?

Aly Nofal
    Senior System Engineer
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 3.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 13:04
    If you look at the values that you are trying to convert from string to Call ID that specifically have failed (I'm assuming takes the invalid output path of the toolstep) can you confirm that there are no characters in the input string that could not be converted to integer?

Since a call ID must be an integer, this is really the only reason I would see this step failing, if it had some kind of extra quote or unicode character in it.  This is where I would start.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 4.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 13:13
    Here is the IP logging the sInteractionId is being set for step51 but for some reason it is coming back invalid.

Financial Engines, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 13:32
    If you check interaction details for 2002076845 in ICBM for the time that you tried to run this tool, what was the state of the interaction?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 6.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

GENESYS
    Posted 06-25-2018 13:46
    Slight expansion on Aaron's comment - when you try to create a Call ID from a string, the value has to correspond to an ID that is currently valid on the system.

In other words, you cannot create an arbitrary Call ID, then perform some actions on it and create a new call. Nor can you create a Call ID which matches an interaction which has already deallocated in the system (for example, for the purpose of adding a Wrap-up Code to a call 5 minutes after it disconnected).

I don't know if that is what is happening, but it is the importance of the State of the call when the handler runs.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 14:08
    George/Aaron thank you for responding, this is failing at a base handler called Dialer_RuleActionEvent at step 51. I am currently on 2017r3p19. I am not trying to create a callid at all. The reason why this step is important as I need this value to exist as I have a customization point using Custom_DialerCustomHandlerRuleActionEvent handler to call a different handler. And I need the callid to be valid so i can use it in my custom handler to search in Salesforce. This was working fine and then all the sudden started failing. Support isn't able to find RCA on why. Hoping Community can help out.

Financial Engines, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 14:20
    Going back to my question.  If you actually look up that interaction ID at the time in your log snippet, is it still connected, recently disconnected or disconnected longer than 2 minutes before the tool step ran?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 9.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 14:40
    Edited by Sheldon Goodrich 06-25-2018 14:41
    In Interaction Detail the call was disconnected at 7:24:08 but the logs above show that it ran roughly 3 minutes after the call was disconnected.

Financial Engines, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 14:45
    I believe that default deallocation time is 120 seconds.  This would be an indicator of why the tool step is returning the invalid path.  I don't know enough about the base handler you're referring to to know what event is actually triggering it, but it sounds like the delay in that trigger is likely the cause of your issue, not any problem with handler tools.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 11.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-25-2018 18:38
    Aaron that is what it looks like is happening. The call disconnects and the agent isn't dispositoning the call with in the 120 second time frame so the handler is erroring out. Do you know of the repercussion is if we increase that timeout to be 240 seconds?

Financial Engines, Inc.

• 12.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-27-2018 08:50
    I believe it is discouraged to increase this, as it can cause performance issues.  I think that if the root of the issue is that agents are not dispositioning calls quickly enough, you should be developing a way to coach around that behavior or a way to auto-disposition the call in such a way that you can see that the agent failed to meet the 120 second window and then follow up.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 13.  RE: Convert String to Call ID

Posted 06-28-2018 01:46

Thank you Aaron I was able to add some more logic into my handler to account for the deallocation of the callid and so that it will work correctly.

Sheldon T. Breading-Goodrich

Staff Engineer

Financial Engines

Call. 602.553.7138

Visit. 4742 North 24th Street, Suite 270, Phoenix, AZ 85016

Click. FinancialEngines.com

Upcoming OOO: June 29 & July 19-23

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments to it may be privileged, confidential or contain trade secret information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If this e-mail was sent to you in error, please notify us immediately by either reply e-mail or by phone at +1 (408) 498-6000, and do not use, disseminate, retain, print or copy the e-mail or any attachment. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by or necessary under applicable law and regulations.

We cannot accept orders for transactions or other similar instructions through e-mail. We cannot ensure the security of information e-mailed over the Internet; please exercise caution when transmitting confidential information such as account numbers and security holdings.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources