PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Blended Environment - create delay before sending an emai to agent

Posted 09-19-2018 18:32
    ​I'm hoping someone has figured this out already... we are using 2018R2.

Our call centre runs a blended environment. When there are no calls in queue, the agent is presented with an email. We use priorities to ensure calls are presented before emails and it works wonderfully.
    We would like to try the following:
    Agent completes call and returns to an available state.
    *IF* there are no calls waiting, we would like to keep them in the available state for xx seconds before presenting them with the next email in queue.

The purpose is to give them a breather if calls aren't waiting and allow a little more time to calls to arrive before putting them in an unavailable state while working an email. 

The delay could be set by the email workgroup, the user Role, or ???

Any thoughts are appreciated!

------------------------------
    Therese Moorhouse
    Pacific Blue Cross

• 2.  RE: Blended Environment - create delay before sending an emai to agent

Posted 09-21-2018 09:39
    I'm not aware of a way to do this out of the box. Thinking about how ACD works I don't know if this is possible because ACD is always trying to route an available agent to the best interaction. You could possibly do this by getting creative and setting priorities on the interaction along with skills but I think that will still assign the email interaction to the agent when they become available.

What you will probably have to do is mess around with CustomACDAvailableAgent and CustomACDAvailableInteraction handlers to try to stop the agent from getting the email interaction until they have been available for a while.

I have never tried this and so these are just ideas that have popped into my head, they may or may not work.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Blended Environment - create delay before sending an emai to agent

Posted 09-21-2018 13:29
    Hi,

My apologies for not responding sooner - I somehow missed this!

OK, so what you are trying to do is a kind of "reverse-bullseye" where we are expanding the set of valid interactions as opposed to expanding the set of valid agents.

I have had a bit of a poke around and I think I may have a line you could investigate. (Note, I have NOT tested any of this out and it MAY not work, so use at your own risk!)

In a nutshell, I think you need to use ACD Categories. What I believe you want to do is to assign a category (let's say, you name it "email") to all incoming emails. (ACD Tab->ACD Specify Interaction Category). Then when an agent becomes available, make sure they do not have that category. Start a timer and after the required delay, check if they are still available. If they are, assign the category to them (ACD Tab->ACD Agent Category).

Emails will then only go to agents who have the category, which should only be those who have been available for more than the required time. (Note, if there are no interactions waiting at all, the agent is sat waiting and then an email comes in, they would get it immediately).

I'm  fairly sure that with these tools, you can get something working. Let us know how you get on!

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources