PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Removing "NS" wrap up codes

Posted 09-12-2018 15:15
    Edited by Bryan De La Cruz 09-12-2018 17:21
    Is there a way to remove NS or rename it when a wrap up code isn't selected? Is there a way out of the box to make it so they have to select one before it allows them to move on to the next interaction? #wrapupcodes

Bryan

------------------------------
    [Bryan] [De La Cruz]
    [Telecom Manager at Borrowworks]
    [bryan.delacruz@borrowworks.com]
    ------------------------------​​

• 2.  RE: Removing "NS" wrap up codes

Posted 09-13-2018 09:48
    I've seen this question pop up a few times in the past for forcing agents to select a wrap up code before they can take the next interaction. As far as I can tell there is no way to force the agent to select a wrap up code. I think others have created an add-in for the client to get this to work but the problem is you only have ~2 minutes to disposition a call before the call is deallocated and nothing can be modified. In other words if you got something to work and the agents waited longer than 2 minutes even if then then selected a wrap up the wrap up would not be written to the database. As far as overwriting the default wrap up code I don't know of a way to do this but it should be possible by coding up an add in for the client. There may be a way to do it in the system via an undocumented feature. Looking through the handlers may help.

I would suggest instead of trying to change the system to force agent behavior it is much easier and safer (from a technology standpoint) that you hold the agents accountable to the procedure. If they are not selecting a wrap up code then they should be trained to do it and/or disciplined if they don't follow the procedure. Over the years I have written so many enhancements against my better judgement for customers wanting to use technology to force a behavior and it seems to always cause issues in the end where the agents figure out another way to get around whatever you add, or you break something else in an effort to stop a behavior.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Removing "NS" wrap up codes
    Best Answer

Posted 09-13-2018 18:41
    We agree its on the managers to enforce this. I just wanted to see if there were any options on the technical side just in case. Thank you for the response.

[Bryan] [De La Cruz]
    [Telecom Manager at Borrowworks]
    [bryan.delacruz@borrowworks.com]

• 4.  RE: Removing "NS" wrap up codes

Posted 09-14-2018 11:24
    Edited by Bryan De La Cruz 09-14-2018 11:24

• 5.  RE: Removing "NS" wrap up codes

Posted 09-14-2018 02:42
    Hello;

Even if you higher the timeout you will always get NS (No selection) wrapups from agents.    You can make a custom report that will list the NS agents and put a KPI on this with historical trends by agent.     The supervisor of the team or mgmt can then steer on these numbers and they will go lower once you take these in account.

I hope this was usefull.

regards

Michael

Michael Sourbron
    Callexcell

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources