PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen pop to Chrome

Posted 03-29-2019 16:13

I have a requirement to perform a dual screen pop, one to IE (using WebPop or DDE) and the second to Chrome (using Handler).  I am able perform the pop to Chrome, only if it is set as the default web browser.  Due to application compatibility issues, the first screen pop has to be on IE and we have to keep the default browser with IE.

Without changing the default browser, how can I invoke Chrome or any specific web browser from Handler, is that possible?

What would be the recommended method/syntax?

Much appreciated.

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Binh Nguyen
    Southwest Gas

• 2.  RE: Screen pop to Chrome

Posted 03-29-2019 17:14
    Binh,

In order to 'force' Chrome as the browser for a specific URL, you'll need to use a command line as <PathToChrome>\Chrome.exe <URL>.

For example: "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" http://www.google.com
    Note: the quotes are only needed is there are spaces in the URL or path to executable.

Alternately, you could set Chrome as the default browser and use a similar command line for IE, with the URL.
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.google.com

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Screen pop to Chrome

Posted 03-29-2019 17:23

Hi Chris,
    I was discussing the very same syntax with my other developer.  Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.
    Thanks,

Binh

Binh Nguyen
    Southwest Gas

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources