PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Disable disconnect before answer

Posted 11-09-2018 16:12
    Hi,

is there a way to disable interaction disconnection from Interaction Desktop before it is answered?
    So, the user must still have the security rights to disconnect interactions but only after the connection. If the interaction is in the user queue but not answered yet (alerting), the user must not be able to disconnect it or send it back to queue in case the user tries to disconnect.

Regrards,
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

• 2.  RE: Disable disconnect before answer

Posted 11-20-2018 16:07
    Any suggestion?

• 3.  RE: Disable disconnect before answer

Posted 11-21-2018 09:13
    If I was going to try something like this, I'd probably disable the user from disconnecting interactions at all.  Then I'd create a custom button that would be a disconnect that they could use that would include any custom logic to only disconnect after it had connected to them.  

One thing I did at a customer site was give them a report that showed who had disconnected incoming calls and I think based on that report three people were fired that day.  So it is a problem and does happen.  This was a long time ago way back before custom buttons.

------------------------------
    Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services

• 4.  RE: Disable disconnect before answer

Posted 11-21-2018 09:56
    Hi,

We use the "Auto-Answer ACD Interactions" checkbox on the User ACD settings to get the call auto answered and send to the agents headset. In this case they do not have to pick-up the call manually.

We also run a report that shows if a "Connected" call has "Local Disconnect" and the call duration is less than 5-10 seconds then we report it and these calls and agents are investigated, if need be.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 5.  RE: Disable disconnect before answer

Posted 07-08-2019 12:11
    Hello Vineet, 

The report you run that shows if a "Connected" call has "Local Disconnect" and the call duration is less than 5-10 seconds. Is it a custom report? or were you able to create it using Interaction Reporter?

I am interested in a similar report

Adrienne Derouen
    Commonwealth of Virginia - Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD)

• 6.  RE: Disable disconnect before answer

Posted 07-15-2019 13:02
    You'll have to create some custom (handler) logic to avoid agents to disconnect before being connected with the agent.
    At the same time, you will have to collect some data and store it in order to provide a report, because we've now disabled disconnects before connects, but you'd still want to report on who's doing it.

Or you follow the route where you just provide a custom report that shows local disconnects under xx seconds and have the contact center solve it via (exit) procedures. 

Hope this info helps

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources