PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer Dispositions

Posted 02-20-2019 13:00
    We are looking for a simple Integration for Scripter that would allow an external application to set the disposition in a custom script.  Has anyone done this kind of thing without implementing a full ICELib application?
    #Integrations
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Tim Cannon
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

• 2.  RE: Dialer Dispositions

Posted 02-25-2019 09:57
    Tim,

In theory this seems like something which should be possible but I think you are going to be hard pressed to make it work correctly. Are you able to provide more details as to what you are trying to accomplish? It seems like you are trying to disposition the call from maybe a 3rd party CRM application?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Dialer Dispositions

Posted 02-25-2019 10:21
    Good morning:

I understand that you want to send to Interaction Dialer Campaign a disposition from your system. In our experience, we deal with this with one client. The client system configure a postMessage to send to the index.html page (HTML-Javascript) of our Dialer Custom Script. This postMessage contains a set of parameters like disposition, telephone and date for schedule. In the our custom script we have a eventer of any kind of postmessage, and depends of what we receive in our html page we process a normal disposition or a schedule dispositon calling the IS_Action_CallComplete scripter action and configuring its parameters according to the input postMessage.

I hope that this help you. 

William Martín Chávez González
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.

• 4.  RE: Dialer Dispositions

Posted 02-26-2019 09:49
    Sorry, I'm not clear whether you want the external application to send the disposition or whether you want to obtain the disposition from an external application when required.

If the latter, Scripts are just HTML / Javascript pages, so you can use AJAX to make a REST call from your script to your application to look up the necessary information.

If the former, how will the external application "know" that it is time to disposition the call? (In other words, what will be the "trigger" that tells the application that the call is over and it's time to disposition the call?

• 5.  RE: Dialer Dispositions

Posted 02-26-2019 10:08
    Thanks for your responses!

We are trying to send the disposition from the servicing application to scripter.  In the past we have had the agents disposition in both places or sent the disposition to the servicing app.  Both of these methods are error prone.  To Paul's question, all of the agent work is done in the servicing application and the agent dispositions the interaction there anyway, we just need to add a call into the scripter application.

We are working on implementing a postMessage as recommended by William as it looks like this is the way to overcome cross domain calls in different windows.
    Thanks!

Tim Cannon
    Elevate Credit Services, LLC

• 6.  RE: Dialer Dispositions

Posted 02-26-2019 11:20
    Ok, some thoughts...

What happens if the interaction disconnects part-way through? How does the servicing application know to enter a disposition phase?
    Is the servicing application both a) web-based and b) developed in-house? (I suspect from your question, the answer to the latter is "yes", or at least you have control over it.)

If so, I would have the developers write the servicing application "client" as the script. In other words, the agents access the application through Scripter. That way, you can have tight integration between Dialer and your application.

If the answer is a) No and b) yes, then I would again look at a single client-application. That is what ICELib is for. Adding the Dialer/ PureConnect pieces to your existing application shouldn't be a big job and will probably, in the long run, be less complicated and more supportable than trying to customize both the servicing application and the script so that they talk to each other.

Just my 10 cents.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources