PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Set email priority in attendant

Posted 05-24-2019 07:15
    Edited by Mick Nicholson 05-24-2019 07:16
    Hi,

I have been trying to set the priority of an email interaction using email attendant. I have 2 different 'transfer to workgroup' nodes with settings to set 1 route to a priority of 1 and the other to a priority of 99. Upon testing, the routing through attendant is working (according to the interaction log) yet the priority seems to have no impact on the order in which emails are offered and only the age of the interaction seems to be considered.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Mick Nicholson
    Engie Services Limited

• 2.  RE: Set email priority in attendant

Posted 07-08-2019 06:17
    I got this solution from support which worked really well. I had to set the attribute to much higher ie 99999 as this rises by 1 for each 30 seconds in the queue, some of our emails were 4 days old so had to go really heavy to prioritise it enough. This is working well in production however. No need for customer handlers.

"We've been trying to find a different way on how to achieve your request without the need of custom handler. One possibility that we can think of is by modifying Priority Level instead of Weight for Priority.

Priority level has a condition of:
    Test(StrLen(GetAt(lsAcdAttributeValues, Find(lsAcdAttributeNames, c_sAcdCustomPriority, 0))) > 0, toI(GetAt(lsAcdAttributeValues, Find(lsAcdAttributeNames, c_sAcdCustomPriority, 0))), iPriority)
    If the statement (yellow) is true, it will use the value of what is in the green section, else it will use the gray one. What we want to do is increase the value of c_sAcdCustomPriority which is populated by Custom_AcdPriority.

In your Attendant, you can try increasing the value of Custom_AcdPriority. Insert an attribute Custom_AcdPriority (Set Attribute node) inside Pr_Accounts Payable and set its value higher than 50 (we suggest 99). Publish it and run some tests for email interaction."

Mick Nicholson
    Engie Services Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources