Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer Settings

Posted 05-25-2019 20:42
    Hello Guys , 

I need your help please regarding the following:

Dialer Container @ IA >> Campaigns >> Recall Control: 
    1- Attempt control 
    2- Auto scheduled callback

Do the settings configured at Attempt control effect the Autoscheduled callback settings like busy , no answer , ...etc ?

Example:
    If Max attempts is configured to be 3 per record.
    Autoscheduled callback @ Busy is configured to be 5 Attempts with 10 mins interval.

Will the dialer make the 5 attempts of Busy then switch the record status to "A" or it will be switched to "A" after 3 attempts only ?

Thanks, 
    Aly

​​
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Aly Nofal
    System Engineer
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: Dialer Settings

Posted 05-26-2019 03:46
    Hi Aly Nofal,

I believe that Auto-scheduled callback settings will override the Attempt control settings and it will try to recall for 5 times.

Mohammad

• 3.  RE: Dialer Settings

Posted 05-27-2019 02:46
    It is two deferent counters (Attempts and AttempsBusy) in dialer contact list table. If your record achieves one of them it will be stopped calling. 

Ps. Some SIT codes have not increased Attempts index by default, you can configure it in wrapup configurations.

Rafal Gaworski
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

• 4.  RE: Dialer Settings

Posted 05-27-2019 06:59
    Thanks Guys , Logically shouldn't effect each others due to different counters , also i will give it a try at the Lab and let you know what i found.

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

• 5.  RE: Dialer Settings

Posted 05-28-2019 16:54
    Hi!
    You need to think very carefully before using AutoScheduled callbacks. The question is, what does the analysis actually tell you?

If you get a busy, then there is a good chance that the person is there and willing to answer the phone. It therefore makes (some) sense to try again in a few minutes.

If you get no answer, or a machine, it really doesn't tell you anything other than that the person didn't answer. It doesn't tell you WHY. Therefore, you have no idea when the situation might change. Since any delay before calling abck is as good as any other, you may as well allow the recycle to deal with it.

The problem with auto-scheduled callbacks is threefold:

1. If you are not careful, you can get "stuck" at the top of the list, processing callbacks, rather than proceeding down the list to contacts who might answer.
    2. If you have multiple numbers for a contact (say, Home, Mobile and Work) and you have a callbacks scheduled on one number, Dialer won't attempt the other numbers.
    3. Once you hit the maximum retries, the contact won't be called again. Ever!
    I have seen tool many people assume that since there is a setting available, they need to use it. This is a case of "less is more".

• 6.  RE: Dialer Settings

Posted 05-28-2019 17:48
    Thanks Paul , i also tried it at my lab and looks like that Auto schedule  Callback like "busy" doesn't override the Maximum Attempts and it will stop calling the contact record at 3 even if busy is configured to be 5 and will flag the record status to be "A".

What i also noticed that in case auto-scheduled callback busy configured to be 3 and Maximum attempts are 5 , after detecting 3 busies the contact record is flagged with "F" and will not be dialed again , is there specific reason for that ?

Regarding your comment , if i didn't use the auto schedule callback  , then it will use the general settings at Recall control ( Max attempts and Minimum time to wait before next dial ) and will be the same settings for all CPA "Busy , Fax , No answer , ...etc." and sometimes customer needs to differentiate the attempts and interval per each call reason.

Thanks, 

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

• 7.  RE: Dialer Settings

Posted 05-29-2019 12:36
    Aly,

Ok, so there are two parts to this.

Starting with the whole AutoScheduled callbacks. May I ask why your customer needs to reschedule callbacks at a fixed interval for things like No Answer? I have yet to find a use case for this and, if I'm honest, I could use something for when I'm teaching. I appreciate that many customers who are migrating from other systems may have done this with their prior systems (for various reasons) but those reasons are not necessarily valid with PureConnect Dialer. For most customers, the general settings should be set up for what you want.

Moving on to how Dialer approaches the calling. It's basically a case of which limit do you hit first? Your observation in the second paragraph is correct, and is one of the reasons why I advise against using AutoScheduled callbacks for anything other than "busy". I cannot give you the reasoning / justification for this behavior, but I can explain what it does!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources