PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to prevent "cherry picking" scheduled calls

Posted 05-24-2019 07:46
    we would like to know if it's possible to prevent cherry picking scheduled callbacks.

we want to prevent anyone from selecting schedule callbacks  before there schedules time
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Roisin Floyd
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 2.  RE: How to prevent "cherry picking" scheduled calls

Posted 05-28-2019 16:38
    Hi,

Just to clarify, are you having this issue with Scheduled Callbacks in Dialer, or Callback Requests left by folks calling in to the IVR?

• 3.  RE: How to prevent "cherry picking" scheduled calls

Posted 05-29-2019 04:53

Hi Paul

Thanks for replying, it's actually Callback Requests left by folks calling in to the IVR?

I want to prevent supervisors from taking and closing the call if they haven't called back the customer .

Regards

Roisin

• 4.  RE: How to prevent "cherry picking" scheduled calls

Posted 05-29-2019 12:42
    Roisin,

Ok, well I'm tempted to say "retrain your Supervisors", but I'm guessing this isn't what you want to hear?

Off the top of my head, I would remove the "Modify" right to the queue for for the offending individuals. I assume they are selecting the interaction and hitting "Disconnect"? If so, I believe you can just remove the right to Disconnect.

I'm not sure if this will have any adverse effects in your environment, so you might need to do some testing.....

HTH

• 5.  RE: How to prevent "cherry picking" scheduled calls

Posted 05-30-2019 07:37
    It's a little tricky but very doable.with some handler work:

1. When a callback call is placed, you will need to tag the callback object as "call placed" with an attribute

2. Create a custom "disconnect" button that fires a handler.  If the interaction is a callback, look for the attribute set in step 1.  If it is not there, do nothing.  If it exists, disconnect the interaction.  For all other interaction types, disconnect.

3. Remove the users rights for the standard disconnect button and give them rights for the custom disconnect button.

Steve Owen
    Avtex

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources