PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View

Need to suppress "Send Text Message" window from AddIn (IMessageBroker?)

• 1.  Need to suppress "Send Text Message" window from AddIn (IMessageBroker?)

Posted 02-06-2019 09:33
    I'm looking to suppress the "Send Text Message" window from an AddIn (I've written a custom SMS application).

I've tried:

1. Renaming "ININ.InteractionClient.SmsModule.dll".  Works, but seems hackish and would be easy to miss on a user's workstation, which defeats the purpose.
    2. Windows Automation - listens for the window to open and then immediately closes it.  Works, but you see the SMS window briefly appear and then disappear on the screen. 

I think the best way to do it would be to get Interaction Desktop's reference to IMessageBroker.  I've got code that someone provided me that showed a way to get a reference to the Main Form  (type = MainForm) in Interaction Client and from there it is quite simple to get a reference to the instance of IMessageBroker that the MainForm holds.  Unfortunately, due to the changes to move to WPF, this code doesn't work in Interaction Desktop.  Has anyone been successful in getting a reference to IMessageBroker from an addin in Interaction Desktop?  If not, has anyone else successfully suppressed a default window in Interaction Desktop?

Here is what I'm ultimately trying to do:  

MessageBroker.Subscribe<ShowCommonFormMessage>(
      e =>
        {
          e.ShouldCancel = (e.InteractionType == InteractionType.Chat);
        });

#Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources