PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Repeating request call back

Posted 05-23-2019 11:15
    Hello Pureconnect Engineers.

Kindly I nee your helo in the below 

When the customer request callback more from the IVR tree more than one time the system will call him more than one time 
    for example: 

if the customer calls the System on the DID number and select the option of call back and he repeated this action double and triple the system will call him  3 times as he requested 3 times 

now I need a solution to make the customer call him only one time even he request several time 

waiting for your advice 

Thanks
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Mahmoud Kamal
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: Repeating request call back

Posted 05-23-2019 11:28

You could add a handler that checks the destination queue for your callback to see if the Eic_CallbackPhone (per attributes_tr) attribute set on each queue item of media type callback matches the one your caller is calling from or has entered.  If it's already entered, play them a message advising that they already have a callback or whatever you'd like and if it is not already present allow them to leave the callback.

Maybe in your post callback audio you could insert a message advising that attempting to leave multiple callback attempts does not reduce callback time also...just a thought.

There may be other, better, solutions, but this is what how I would start to look at it.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Repeating request call back

Posted 05-23-2019 11:40
    We have responded to similar requests from a number of our customers, to programatically limit callers from requesting multiple callbacks. It can be automated to check for existing callback requests from given numbers and customers but not with OoB settings. The handlers and code developed is fairly complex.

Unfortunately, there is no simple way to manage this administratively.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 4.  RE: Repeating request call back

Posted 05-24-2019 13:44
    Hey Mahmoud;

We were having the same exact issue so we went out and found a feature that integrates with custom handlers in Pure Connect called " SmartHold" . It not only restricts the caller to one callback but is easily configurable comes with custom pre-recordings and even include an auto callback feature so the agent can't sit on a callback interaction by not clicking on " Make Call ". We have had the feature running for over a year now and our Contact Center handles 11,000 calls a day so "SmartHold " is used across our system by callers that love it. It does keep the callers original queue position and allows for skills based routing. Love it. You should check it out. ​

Gary Schlichting
    BAYSTATE HEALTH

• 5.  RE: Repeating request call back

Posted 05-24-2019 14:41
    Hello Gary  

More details please if you document this configuration will be appreciated if you send it to me 

Thanks

Mahmoud Kamal

• 6.  RE: Repeating request call back

Posted 05-24-2019 14:43
    Hello Aaron 

Please advise how to do that! 

Thanks 

Mahmoud Kamal

• 7.  RE: Repeating request call back

Posted 05-24-2019 15:57
    The query queue tool for handlers can return a list of interaction ID's.  From there, you can look at the attributes on each of the queue items to see if the attribute I mentioned before matches what your caller has entered or will use for a new callback.  There are other things you should look at as well, like if the interaction is still connected, but you will likely find these cases in testing.

The steps missing from my description are pretty basic concepts in working with handlers, so if you have handler experience you should be able to put something together to test and see if this can meet your expectations.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources