PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-07-2019 12:16
    Hi All,

This is probably a strange question, but thought i would throw it out there. What is the expected time between ACD Server selecting a user and sending the call reaching the Agents Queue (IE changing the status)? I am sure there are some variables which would make it longer, but i am looking for a base line of what the system should do and have been able to find any documentation on it.

Thank you,
     Scott

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-08-2019 09:36
    Scott,

In my experience this all happens in under a second. I suppose if you have very complicated routing set up somewhere or the system is overloaded it could take longer. You should be able to see all of this in the ACD log and compare that with the IP log and the call log. You should see the IP log working with the ACD log to pick the correct agent for the interaction and then the call gets assigned to the agent. I don't think the timing is documented anywhere but like I mentioned this usually happens almost instantaneously. 

This question seems to indicate you are tracking down an issue where calls sit longer than you are expecting. If this is the case ACD server would be real helpful to see why it is making the routing decisions it is.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-08-2019 09:49
    Hi Mark,

You are right, i am seeing 3 to 4 seconds between time the ACD server selects an agent and the time the call is actually placed on the agents queue. This is causing some issues with some custom Handlers we use that reserve agents for select interactions.this system is heavily customized and could be a reason

I am focusing on Notifier, ACD and IP logs to isolate why, i just wanted to verify that 3 to 4 seconds isn't expected time on the system.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams

• 4.  RE: ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-08-2019 12:05
    Hey, Scott!

You know, you pay your Support fees for a reason ;-) In cases like this, I would be inclined to recommend opening a ticket and making them earn that fee.

Just sayin'

• 5.  RE: ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-08-2019 12:10
    Hi Paul,

I know, i have a ticket open with support as well, but i like to see if i can identify the issue before support! LOL

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams

• 6.  RE: ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-08-2019 12:13
    Heh, no problem!
    I can see that you may want to explore all avenues of "support" but I reckon this one is going to end up being "in the weeds" and in need of a real expert in those subsystems and their logs.
    Anyway, as the old saying goes, "You don't have a dog and bark yourself" ;-)

• 7.  RE: ACD Transfer Time

Posted 05-09-2019 11:23
    Scott,

Without being able to look at the logs but based on what you are saying I think we know where we need to look. I'm betting your customization to reserve the agents is what is causing problems here. If you have a dev system I would suggest you back, or bypass your heavily customizations in ACD, and try to send calls to queue. I bet you are going to have no delay. Then from there you could add them one part at a time until you find the offending code. I do know there are agent locks the system does when trying to assign ACD calls. I believe these agent locks work similar to semaphore locks so maybe there are 2 locks on the agent and we have to wait for the first one to clear before the system can route the call?

Regardless it sounds like something in the customization is causing this delay. Now comes the fun part of identifying which customization is at fault. These are my favorite types of things to track down! Good luck to you sir!

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources