PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Polycom keepalive

Posted 11-23-2018 03:43
    If we unplug a polycom hardphone, the CIC didn't detect this and therefor in IC Administrator the state is still "Up-to-date" and calls are routed to this phone.
    Is there a possibility for CIC to send a "keepalive" to detect dead hardphones?
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 2.  RE: Polycom keepalive

Posted 11-28-2018 09:12
    I believe that, by default, IC expects the station to re-register periodically. If it doesn't, then it is "dead", kind of like renewing a DHCP lease.

From what I could find in the documentation here, the default is one day, but this can be changed.

Please note that I have not tested this out, but I hope this helps with your issue, or at least helps you get on the right path :-)

• 3.  RE: Polycom keepalive

Posted 11-28-2018 09:51
    Paul is correct, the SIP registration interval is what could be used by the system to ensure the station is still there. In most cases 1 day SIP register interval is great and I have never needed to change this for any of my customers. I suspect there is something going on in your environment which is special which brings up this need.

Would you be able to explain more as to what you are actually solving for? It sounds like you must be doing some sort of station routing and not the usual user routing. I suspect you have problems where maybe you have a station group configured and people are unplugging phones which is somehow breaking the routing. You could change the SIP transport settings so it does not send so many retries or doesn't wait as long between them but this is more of a band-aid fix. If you provide more info maybe we can come up with a solution for you which won't require you changing the register interval.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources