PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Surveys and Disconnect via Handler

Posted 04-26-2019 13:25
    Hi All,

I am looking for how to disconnect a call via a handler, but not present that call with a Survey. Right now our Survey is only looking at the workgroup, but we have a few buttons that agents use that send the call to a handler to do some checks. There are some options for the caller to disconnect that call which we are using the Disconnect Tool step. What i have found is that because the call is with the workgroup, a survey is being offered to those calls. For Reporting purposes i can't remove the call from this workgroup Call and must have it disconnect while it is in the workgroup queue.

I know i can add an attribute and then make the survey look for that attribute and the Workgroup, but there is no easy way for me to have this Attribute Set as there are many different ways calls can get to this workgroup, so trying to have this Attribute Set via Attendant in all those profiles is time consuming. 

I have looked at the Feedback toolsteps, but none of those look to prevent the survey.

Thank you,
    #Handlers
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Surveys and Disconnect via Handler

Posted 04-30-2019 10:44
    Scott,

So let me rephrase what I think you are trying to do to make sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish: "Even though a call is flagged for a post call survey sometimes you want to disconnect the call without offering the survey. You have some custom buttons in the client that do different things at the end of which you want to force disconnect the call but the survey won't let you and instead of disconnecting the caller goes to the survey". 

If this is the case there are some system attributes that have to do with the Surveys. The attribute TR can be found here:https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/attributes_tr.pdf It looks like you may be able to mess with the Eic_CSSurveyState attribute to set Survey to none or maybe Optout so when you disconnect the call from the custom button the survey is not offered. Disclaimer that I have not tried this and possibly messing with this attribute may break other things. Make this customization at your own risk. I think there is another attribute used for the survey as well but I'm not 100% sure what it is named anymore. Possibly debugging the handler at disconnect and checking the attributes will help you figure out what other attributes you may be able to change in your custom button logic.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources