PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-19-2019 11:15

Hello All,

I have been looking at a requirement that shows individual hold timer for a specific call within Interaction Connect and managed to do it but can't figure out how to alert the agent on Interaction Connect if the hold timer goes over a preset time, say 3 minutes.

I have a custom attribute that holds the value of each interaction hold time in seconds but I am not sure how I can use it to alert.

I was looking at the latest release information and it gives Interaction Connect access to setup a lot of alerting similar to ICBM but nothing that can be setup for an attribute.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-20-2019 11:39
    If nobody has a better idea, you could always write a simple custom addin that monitors the current interaction for an attribute and could pop a message or something.

Here is documentation on addins:  Interaction Connect Add-ins

You can get a list of all the items in your queue and then poll them at some interval, or if you're doing something in handlers with the timeout, you could just set an attribute in your handler and then monitor each call for that attribute to be modified.  Again, someone might have a better way, but you could probably bang this out in 3-4 hrs.

--Jason

Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-20-2019 12:01
    Further to Jason's suggestion, may I suggest the ICELib training? This is a 5-day class that covers how to use ICELib for a variety of purposes, including writing add-ins. The next scheduled delivery is the week of March 18th-22nd.

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-20-2019 11:55
    Just to be clear, you want the agent to be alerted if they put an interaction on hold and then leave it for more than the preset time?

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-20-2019 12:01
    Thanks Jason, yes are currently looking at add-ins as a possible solution.

Paul, yes that is exactly what we want to do, to show an alert to the agent if the call has been on hold for more than a specific number of minutes. I have a handler that is monitoring the hold time and outputs it to an custom attribute that I am displaying as a Queue column but not sure how to alert if that custom attribute value goes over specified time. Its the alerting that I am struggling with.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-20-2019 12:13
    You can almost certainly do that with an add-in. I need to check, but you may also be able to do it with an ICBM alert that sends a desktop alert.

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to alert on Interaction Connect using Attributes

Posted 02-20-2019 12:38
    Thanks Paul.

Would really appreciate if we can alert in some why.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources